Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

twoshort

1515 Madison Ave SE

25 posts in this topic

Actually we will be having TWO press conferences today. At noon we cut the ribbon on Avenue Apartments 1300 Madison Ave, and at 1 PM we will move down to the HUB 1515 Madison Ave for a press conference with the govenor's office to announce that we received the Cool Cities designation for the Madison Square Neighborhood and a $100,000 catalyst grant.

It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

Great job Dave! We are proud of ya and all the hard work you are doing. It must be nice for you to see a bit of fruition to all the planning.

Everyone knows it was Dave! :lol: His Lighthouse thing is a beacon for sure!

Congratulations on the grant Dave! That's wonderful news. I look forward to seeing what develops.

Awesome, awesome, awesome. It's great to see outside investment in this neighborhood! :)

Excellent job Dave! This will be great for the area. :thumbsup:

Someone needs to smack Keith Baldi for the last two sentences of the article referenced above. <_<

Excellent job Dave! This will be great for the area. :thumbsup:

Someone needs to smack Keith Baldi for the last two sentences of the article referenced above. <_<

:lol: I dont think it was that bad.

Wait, is it HUBB or HUB? RapidGrowth shows one and calls it "Horace Ugly Building", and yet the video from WZZM shows a sign with HUBB.

Any recent news on this? It doesn't appear that the building has changed at all -- only the addition of a FOR LEASE sign.

Any recent news on this? It doesn't appear that the building has changed at all -- only the addition of a FOR LEASE sign.

Thanks Dave. I'm glad to hear they're still moving ahead.

It's been a long time on this project, but it looks like things are shaping up!

2215359008_e587e56e58_b.jpg

2214566739_955a8a456b_b.jpg

2215360718_0dd629bd5a_b.jpg

I also noticed a few other changes in the Madison Square neighborhood:

2215366124_c404d1694f_b.jpg

And what looked like an artwork project:

2215367226_0a28483a96_b.jpg

2214569275_c6a378cd38_b.jpg

2214568597_387755f7d8_b.jpg

Check it out. About a block South of Madison and Hall. :thumbsup:

It's things like this that make me proud of our GR neighborhoods. I can't think of a single GR neighborhood that doesn't have the potential to be a very cool place to live/work/play. Many, if not most, are there or on the way to being there. It's great to see investment going on in all of them. Great work to everybody who works to improve our neighborhoods!!!

GR Dad - the green building is the South East Neighborhood Association offices. Lighthouse raised $28,000 in grant funds through Cool Cities and Neighborhood Ventures Facade program to give that old girl a face lift. We did not have lots of money...only enough to pay for siding and aluminum, but I think it turned out good.

Three of the pieces of artwork are missing...my staff have to get the re-hung elsewhere in our district. Watch for some pretty big news regarding some more development in the Madison Square neighborhood soon. If our dominoes fall right, it will be a BIG announcement.

GR Dad - the green building is the South East Neighborhood Association offices. Lighthouse raised $28,000 in grant funds through Cool Cities and Neighborhood Ventures Facade program to give that old girl a face lift. We did not have lots of money...only enough to pay for siding and aluminum, but I think it turned out good.

Three of the pieces of artwork are missing...my staff have to get the re-hung elsewhere in our district. Watch for some pretty big news regarding some more development in the Madison Square neighborhood soon. If our dominoes fall right, it will be a BIG announcement.

Cool!

No, I thought the green building looked nice. That building could use some more upstairs windows, but they're probably original to the building (?).

Watch for some pretty big news regarding some more development in the Madison Square neighborhood soon. If our dominoes fall right, it will be a BIG announcement.

Come ON!.. you've been here long enough to know how much we just LOOOOVE secrets.

<sarcasm off>

I'm excited.. I like big announcements from people with proven records of getting stuff done. :thumbsup:

Come ON!.. you've been here long enough to know how much we just LOOOOVE secrets.

<sarcasm off>

I'm excited.. I like big announcements from people with proven records of getting stuff done. :thumbsup:

Uh...no...I am not sure what that means...guess I have not been reading all the threads. ...

Uh...no...I am not sure what that means...guess I have not been reading all the threads.