1515 Madison Ave SE

twoshort

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually we will be having TWO press conferences today. At noon we cut the ribbon on Avenue Apartments 1300 Madison Ave, and at 1 PM we will move down to the HUB 1515 Madison Ave for a press conference with the govenor's office to announce that we received the Cool Cities designation for the Madison Square Neighborhood and a $100,000 catalyst grant.

It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

It's things like this that make me proud of our GR neighborhoods. I can't think of a single GR neighborhood that doesn't have the potential to be a very cool place to live/work/play. Many, if not most, are there or on the way to being there. It's great to see investment going on in all of them. Great work to everybody who works to improve our neighborhoods!!!

GR Dad - the green building is the South East Neighborhood Association offices. Lighthouse raised $28,000 in grant funds through Cool Cities and Neighborhood Ventures Facade program to give that old girl a face lift. We did not have lots of money...only enough to pay for siding and aluminum, but I think it turned out good.

Three of the pieces of artwork are missing...my staff have to get the re-hung elsewhere in our district. Watch for some pretty big news regarding some more development in the Madison Square neighborhood soon. If our dominoes fall right, it will be a BIG announcement.

GR Dad - the green building is the South East Neighborhood Association offices. Lighthouse raised $28,000 in grant funds through Cool Cities and Neighborhood Ventures Facade program to give that old girl a face lift. We did not have lots of money...only enough to pay for siding and aluminum, but I think it turned out good.

Three of the pieces of artwork are missing...my staff have to get the re-hung elsewhere in our district. Watch for some pretty big news regarding some more development in the Madison Square neighborhood soon. If our dominoes fall right, it will be a BIG announcement.

Archived