Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dimebag1980

Marucci bats!?

16 posts in this topic

Looks like we have our own Louisville here in Louisiana, and to be honest I didn't know about it. Marucci bats, made in Baton Rouge, seem to be gaining popularity. How did Baton Rouge keep this secret from me for so long? ;) This is something to be proud of, for sure!!

From today's Shreveport Times:

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d.../607210313/1001

Looks like we have our own Louisville here in Louisiana, and to be honest I didn't know about it. Marucci bats, made in Baton Rouge, seem to be gaining popularity. How did Baton Rouge keep this secret from me for so long? This is something to be proud of, for sure!!

Thank you so much Brian for posting this. It was a secret right under my nose too ! I had no idea. :dontknow: No wonder,bec. they never advertised. That's something to be proud of. These power hitters are gonna make those investors some serious $$$. One of the investors is Joe Larwence who was a great two-sport athlete back in HS. He decided baseball wasn't for him after being bounced around with minor league, a little major. At age 27 he walked-on the LSU Football team(defensive back) as a freshman. He looked great, but messed his knee up too bad in the Spring game, an was unable to play very much. I really respected him for going out there and giving football try after so many years.

You know, I had heard about this a longgg time ago, but I didn't realize that Marucci Bats was becoming so popular, especially in the Major League's. Definately something for Baton Rouge and Louisiana to be proud of! And I hope they begin to advertise more, and get Baton Rouge some name exposure! :thumbsup:

What is Marucci bats?

It's a company based in Baton Rouge that makes baseball bats. Like a smaller and newer version of Louisville Slugger in Louisville.

It's a company based in Baton Rouge that makes baseball bats.

Oh, that is good. :)

I was surprised to discover recently that we have a violin maker here in Shreveport... and just around the corner from my office as a matter of fact!! It seems that there are more little hidden treasures in our own cities than we realize!

I was surprised to discover recently that we have a violin maker here in Shreveport... and just around the corner from my office as a matter of fact!! It seems that there are more little hidden treasures in our own cities than we realize!

Oh don't you know it! I've found some of the coolest businesses in New Orleans over the years that before I had never even heard of. And I've been finding many cool things here in Covington as well. It turns out one of our local ice cream parlor's is a favorite of Jessica Simpson's, and every time she is in New Orleans she takes a trip up to Covington to go to that place.

Oh don't you know it! I've found some of the coolest businesses in New Orleans over the years that before I had never even heard of. And I've been finding many cool things here in Covington as well. It turns out one of our local ice cream parlor's is a favorite of Jessica Simpson's, and every time she is in New Orleans she takes a trip up to Covington to go to that place.

Now that's just weird.

:lol:

But cool, nonetheless.

Now that's just weird.

But cool, nonetheless.

Hey man I know, believe me I know. I was actually watching an episode of "Newlyweds" awhile back, when it showed Jessica riding around in a car, and I knew she was in New Oreans that episode filming a music video. Anyway, the camera looked out the window, and I thought "hey, that's Covington!" And I found the information out from that point on. :D

I remember seeing a report on the news a couple of years about about this guy starting the bat company. He started off in a shop at his house and it has grown from there.

http://www.maruccibats.com

Thanks for that website Byrde.

Marucci Field in that backyard is the ultimate wuffle-ball paradise.

That's funny, they have a baseball field in their backyard! And cool link, thanks byrde!!

I sure do appreciate SBCmetroguy for starting this thread a few years back! :thumbsup: Saw another article from newspaper a few weeks back; but never bothered to post. Looks like the bats continue to gain in popularity!

B.R.-made baseball bats pack a punch

Baseball bats made by a small Baton Rouge company are being swung by five of the top 10 home-run hitters in Major League Baseball this season, the Wall Street Journal reports. Carlos Pena, Albert Pujols, Raul Ibanez, Brandon Inge and Chase Utley use Marucci bats. Owner Jack Marucci produces 20,000 wooden bats a year, which are sold to more than 100 major-league players.

http://www.businessreport.com/archives/daily-report/latest/

I hope Marucci continues to grow and keep his business right here in BR. We need to keep our home grown businesses in town.

BR’s Marucci launches aluminum bat

Baton Rouge-based Marucci announced the launch of the Cat 5 aluminum bat, its first aluminum bat line.

The bat includes patented anti–vibration technology. The bat maker is known for its wooden bats, used by more than 300 Major League players, including Albert Pujols, Chase Utley, Ryan Howard, Mark Teixeira and Raul Ibanez.

“I wish I would have had a bat like this when I was growing up,” Pujols said in a news release. “I can remember using a bat in cold weather and having sore hands for two or three days. It is amazing how pure this bat feels. There is no sting or vibration.”

“We are excited to take the hottest brand in the Big Leagues to the youth market,” said Reed Dickens, Marucci’s CEO. “We aim to provide the most elite players with the best bat in the game.”

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/business/87380707.html