Pictorial Summary of New Orleans Projects

NCB

While some of these projects were planned before Katrina, every one of them has begun or will begin now post-Katrina. These are the majority of the major projects taking place in New Orleans right now, and the projects keep rolling in. The majority of the projects involving re-development of buildings will not be in the first set of projects.

Kalais Tower:

AAAKalais.jpg

Canal Street Renovation:

AAAACANAL.gif

Crescent City Towers:

1.gif

Central City Condos:

Condo1.jpg

Tracage:

ATR.jpg

ATR2.jpg

HRI Warehouse District Project:

CarrolltonCondos.jpg

Northshore Marina Towers:

LakeshoreCondos.png

FrontRendering.jpg

Saint Thomas Phase II:

R1.jpg

Southshore Harbor Development:

scan0001.jpg

Trump International Hotel and Tower New Orleans:

TRUMPTOWERNEWORLEANS.jpg

Convention Center Expansion:

AAAACON1.jpg

AAAACON2.jpg

AAAACON3.jpg

AAAACON4.jpg

$700+ Million Jazz Museum & Park:

AAJ1.jpg

AAJ2.jpg

National World War II Museum Expansion:

DDAY.jpg

Erato Street Cruise Ship Terminal:

CruiseTerminal.jpg

Commons Professional Condominiums:

COMMONS.gif

West End Redevelopment (plan view):

http://www.norpc.org/assets/pdfs/west-end-redevl.pdf

WESTENDPLANRENDERSMALL.JPG

L'Ultimate Tower:

Lakecondo.gif

Northshore Marina Tower Condominiums:

first_page.jpg

Woolworth Tower

woolwoothtowerni0.png

Vantage Tower:

vantagetowernightview9ru.jpg

vantagetower8ea.png

Not too shabby for a city that's still in the early stages of recovery from a disaster like Katrina. :thumbsup:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Impessive collection there Nate. Thanks for putting them altogether. It's been fun to follow all that's going on in the Crescent City. I would like to see the Jazz District completed by the time the next Super Bowl comes around. The Trump Tower is the icing on the cake ! I am glad to see the revitalization projects too.

Thanks for the comments guys, and I'm glad you like the projects we've got going down here. I'm really starting to feel the buzz with new projects being developed, just today, a project being planned involving three 350+ foot towers was announced. I love being able to sit back and see everything slowly begin to come together. :D

I remember reading that highrise condo developers have just counted New Orleans as one of the few hot spots in the USA for condo development because of the tourism. So we're most likely going to be seeing quite a few more over time.

Oh we're definately going to see more and more major condo projects announced over the next few months and beyond. And now with the occupation percentage and prices per square foot in office buildings downtown, I wouldn't be suprised to see a major mixed-use tower planned soon as well.

I think all of these projects are great, and I'm looking forward to all of them for New Orleans; however aside from the Trump International and the remodel of the ghastly Crescent City Towers, the project I'm looking forward to most is the renovation of Canal Street. I like the way it looks by Harrah's with the palm trees, and I think it will look really cool with that design element continued all the way down the street.

Trump New Orleans, --st (Suspended Indefinetly)

What about the Trump Tower?

Oh, I need to edit that on Wikipedia. Trump Tower was "suspended indefinately" directly after Katrina, but a couple of weeks ago officials said that the tower would begin construction in first quarter 2007. :thumbsup:

Archived