Norfolk International Airport

willy

https://www.wavy.com/news/local-news/norfolk/33m-from-trillion-dollar-infrastructure-bill-slated-for-projects-at-orf/amp/

Here’s a breakdown of how the funds will be spent. Interesting. It looks like the added gates and the people-mover will have to be paid for by some other means—at a later date—for most of this pool of money has already been spoken for to reconstruct the main runway and  replace the roof to Concourse A. .  In fact, the five new gates and the people mover, alone,  would cost a combined nearly $43 million. 

Edited by baobabs727

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, walmartjamesbond said:

Breeze to announce new Provo base shortly. Unsure if ORF is included. Will know more soon.

Potential for an ORF- Provo (Salt Lake City)

Oh I'd be on there like shareware. Cheap flight out to SLC, rent a car and spend a week driving around national parks/monuments. Utah is a beautiful state.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2022 at 1:28 PM, Urbanlooker said:

ORF posted on Facebook that frontier is expanding non-stop service to Orlando, Miami, and Denver. 

https://www.facebook.com/137907066283856/posts/7404012596339897/

Miami and Denver are two of my favorite cities. Between that, L.A., New Orleans, and Vegas, I really need to start budgeting for future trips again. If they announce an international destination I may very well faint. :lol:

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Bad Breeze news. Like I predicted a few months ago the A220 has been a monumental failure. Breeze tried to launch it way to soon and the entire company has paid for it.

ORF-LAX has been canceled until February 2023. It was supposed to launch next week.

ORF -HPN (White Plans NY) down to only 2x a week.

LAS still remains as of now.

Not only ORF is effected. If you are interested here is the complete list:

- BNA-TUL canceled until October
- CAK-PBI canceled "permanently"
- CHS-PBI canceled until October
- CMH-PBI canceled "permanently"
- XNA-MSY canceled until October
- PVD-CMH canceled "permanently"
- HPN-CHS reduce to 2x weekly until Oct.

- SDF-CHS canceled until September
- MSY-JAX canceled until October
- MSY-SDF canceled until September (30)
- MSY-SAV inaugural delayed from Sept to Oct
- ORF-HPN reduce to 2x weekly until October
- BDL-PIT canceled until October
- PVD-SAV canceled until February 2023

-RIC-JAX canceled "permanently" after tomorrow.

• Sad 5

Hopefully Breeze gets it together and maybe dials things back a little. They have some nice destinations and I would hate to miss out on more nonstops out of ORF just because they bit off more than they can chew. Keep the initial half-dozen or so cities then work on expansion. Breeze appears to be our best shot at getting an international flight so I'd hate to see that in jeopardy.

• Like 3

Yep, you all would be correct. Definitely a management issue. David Neilman definitely went to hard and to fast this time around. Hopefully they can save themselves down the road. Sucks they made their image look so terrible. That’s a big reason why I left the company. Among other things.

ORF and Breeze have a bright future if they can get their act together.

Edited by walmartjamesbond
Added more
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Going out of ORF today. These pictures don’t do the traffic justice…4M is definitely attainable just by the activity I saw today. I also think we hear about a third terminal in the next couple years. 

My only real gripe? They need more restaurants within the terminals and the airport itself. There’s Burger King and then a few Starbucks. When I go through Charlotte, ATL, BWI there’s always fast food spots in the terminals and then the main concourse. I know there’s sit down restaurants in the terminals (or at least used to be), but a BK or Wendy’s or even Cinnabon would be a huge upgrade. 

1BDE843A-EEDD-4AE2-A91C-BD62716184E5.jpeg

3A2D2A8E-0959-4327-BC14-53830A834760.jpeg

• Like 4

Hopefully they can use the existing shell of the departures terminal (the original airport building) I dont usually like brutalist style, but it has charm that I havent seen at any other airport and would be a shame to get another bland airport building like is in style nowadays.

https://www.reddit.com/r/norfolk/comments/ura4jr/norfolk_international_airport_postcard_from_1974/

r/norfolk - Norfolk International Airport Postcard From 1974

• Like 1

I would like to see the original building from '74 remain as intact as possible, but I hope whatever they do with the redesign involves more natural light. Both the main departures lobby and terminal gates could use more windows.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...