Norfolk International Airport

willy

Oh, yeah. I see this as nothing but a win, win for all of Virginia...and yes, I believe whole heartedly, that it is just a matter of time before JetBlue lands in the Norfolk area - it would only be logical considering Norfolk's size. Don't get too upset about Richmond landing JetBlue, besides, you all have one of the most coveted airlines landing in your town: Southwest: The Beast of all discount airlines! Heck, I'd love to have Southwest in Richmond and it broke my heart when they turned their back on us and landing in Norfolk instead. Believe me, Norfolk will be just fine and still is a lot better than Richmond in so many ways! I'm jealous, REALLY!

It amazing that I have to fly out of Norfolk to go to the greatest party in college football, Florida vs Georgia in Jacksonville, because here in Washington they want 400 bucks for any non red eye flights on the weekend. Amazing how things work out.

Are most flights in the DC area much more than here?

Are most flights in the DC area much more than here?

In my limited experience, I have found out unless you book a ticket at least a month ahead, if you are trying to fly back to Washington on the weekend, no matter the airport, it will cost you dearly unless you catch the red eye. Since I'm from Norfolk, and I refuse to catch the redeye, it is a lot cheaper to fly out of Norfolk International.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Why does everyone think Jet blue will come to NIA? I haven't heard anything concrete yet :huh:

Aside from the numerous articles stating the good chance of JetBlue coming, the CEO has visited NIA i think, and I'm awaiting a reply from NIA about it. Sure it isn't concrete, but there is a very good chance. :thumbsup:

PS - Merry Christmas Eve everyone!! :D

Just flew in to Norfolk the day after Christmas and as we rolled in my eyes nearly popped out of my head. You know that scale model in the terminal of the recent expansion with a gazillion jets in port? There were that many planes at the gates! Of course, many were regional jets, but that's fine. All those potted plants really add to the old 70's earth tones inside the terminal too. It's a pretty place.

Edited by Padman