Best Tallahassee Bars?

ghostOFtheSuwanee

It is said that you can judge the quality of life in a community by the quality of it's bars. What's your favorite? Where do you drink?

For me, it's usually the Leon Pub. I know that it's chaotic and a total dive, but they have the best beer selection north of St. Petersburg and south of Atlanta. The bartender really knows beer, and while the owner is a bit of a grouch, he's not there much.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No mention of Bullwinkle's?

Ah the back deck at Bullwinkle's. Ever since the Pastime closed down, it's been the Friday night club for the liberal intelligentsia and the Tallahassee chapter of the yuppie braintrust. It's the in-place for Democratic cruising; the pickup joint for the bleeding hearts. The big problem there was the quality of the beer. Nothing but watery lagers. I haven't been in that haunt in years.

For the working class folk, it's the Hobbit on the Southside. If you're early for a flight at TLH, it's the closest place to nurse a beer while you wait for the traffic to clear in Atlanta. The staff and crowd are friendly and the occasional drunken brawl is usually pretty entertaining. Now's there's a place to spend a Friday night. Yee haw y'all

Bullwinkles is interesting. I thought Cafe Cabernet was a restaurant!

Bullwinkles is to college-y. And I dislike it b/c of what GhostofSuwannee said too many bleeding hearts! ;)

Cafe Cabernet is a restaurant also, and has a bar on the other side. The restaurant closes at a certain time and then becomes strictly a bar.

Archived