1. 1. ...

• Washington, DC
    • Baltimore, MD
    • Louisville, KY
    • other

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never considered Baltimore or Maryland for that matter southern. I don't care who drew what mason dixon line where. That city and state has too much in common with the northeastern atlantic states (Del,NJ,Mass,Conn,RI) ,small densely populated, faster pace of life, for me to consider them southern. They're also pretty far north. For southern-most northern I would say Louisville.

Miami?.....it is culturally more northern than any southern city I could think of.

I will have to disagree. The city is very compact like a northern city would be however the people that live there are totally different free northerners in my oppinion. to me Miami is the equivalent of Atlanta just on the coast with a greater hispanic population.

Maryland has always struck me as a more southern wannabe city...I knew somebody in Western Maryland and she was completely Southern-like. Besides which, the Marylandians wanted to join the Confederacy in the War between the States. But, over in Baltimore it did strike me as a very Northern kinda place...

I will have to disagree. The city is very compact like a northern city would be however the people that live there are totally different free northerners in my oppinion. to me Miami is the equivalent of Atlanta just on the coast with a greater hispanic population.

well considering I'm from Miami I would have to also disagree....Miami culturally is nothing like Atlanta...it was founded by northerners and still has that influence in addition it has the highest foreign born population in the US so yes the hispanic population also adds to the mix culturally.

Archived