James K. Polk Building

ScottCLT

Does anyone know what it going on with the James K Polk building? I just saw some of Neo's pics from Charlotte in 2004 in another thread. If you look at the building in the pic (4th image), it is in the same exact state now as it was 2 years ago -- it looks like they at some point started removing the brick facade on the two left vertical sections in the pic and then they just stopped. Those are still the only sections removed. Any idea what's going on here?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know what it going on with the James K Polk building? I just saw some of Neo's pics from Charlotte in 2004 in another thread. If you look at the building in the pic (4th image), it is in the same exact state now as it was 2 years ago -- it looks like they at some point started removing the brick facade on the two left vertical sections in the pic and then they just stopped. Those are still the only sections removed. Any idea what's going on here?

Yes, it is being developed into a two tower mixed use project. I believe construction is to start in 1Q 2007.

A2

Here is the project that is slated for that land. You can read of the history of the project, as UP has followed it all pretty closely.

Scott (and others), it is a good idea to do a search of the Charlotte forum before creating a new thread, as I'm pretty sure there has been discussion of every square inch of downtown, and many other areas, on this forum :).

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9201

Archived