Sound Session '06

Jenkins

Went to the bock party downcity late Saturday night (after a wonderful dinner at Gracie's thanks to the restaurant week deal). Despite the impending rain there was a very good turn out, lots of people seemingly from all backgrounds, a whole bunch of food and drink stands, and good music. Maybe it is just because I like my cold beverages just a little too much, but one of my favorite things about Providence is that at these big outdoor events they serve alcohol and let you drink outside, just like real grownups :P That would absolutely not be the case in Boston, for instance. I love that. Nor would you get an event that combined dew rags and docksiders, nose rings and Nordstrom types.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to the bock party downcity late Saturday night (after a wonderful dinner at Gracie's thanks to the restaurant week deal). Despite the impending rain there was a very good turn out, lots of people seemingly from all backgrounds, a whole bunch of food and drink stands, and good music. Maybe it is just because I like my cold beverages just a little too much, but one of my favorite things about Providence is that at these big outdoor events they serve alcohol and let you drink outside, just like real grownups :P That would absolutely not be the case in Boston, for instance. I love that. Nor would you get an event that combined dew rags and docksiders, nose rings and Nordstrom types.

i missed it this year, but i went to last year's free concert at waterplace with roy ayers. it was a ton of fun and there were people from teenagers to 70 year olds at the concert all having a great time.

We were in the docksiders category -- pretty much the only kind of shoes I wear these days. Although we didn't go to the block party, we did drop by for Chico Hamilton's set. That's a great venue. We'll pass on the alcohol -- long story -- but will undoubtedly be back on a regular basis once we live in town (which will start in SEPTEMBER!)

Urb

Archived