One Financial Plaza

billypc99

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is One Financial Plaza no longer lit on Saturday nights? I haven't been home in a while and noticed the lights were out at 11:00pm on Saturday night.

They go off promptly at 10pm, I can see it from my living room.

Textron needs to hurry up with the whole "looking into the possibility" of lighting their building and then the BIG 3 should stay lit until 1 am on weekdays and 2am on weekends along with TEXTRON ...and then 110!!!!! :ph34r::rolleyes:

Has anyone who's written to Textron gotten a reply back from them yet? I never did...

I would be photographing the "Big 3," lit, on some nights during the winter until well after midnight. I too have noticed they've been off entirely or shutting off early of late. Does anyone know who is responsible for coordinating such things? It's kind of a bummer to ride/walk around downtown at 9 or 10 PM and have everything off... It makes it feel less safe and kind of empty.

- Garris

Has anyone who's written to Textron gotten a reply back from them yet? I never did...

I would be photographing the "Big 3," lit, on some nights during the winter until well after midnight. I too have noticed they've been off entirely or shutting off early of late. Does anyone know who is responsible for coordinating such things? It's kind of a bummer to ride/walk around downtown at 9 or 10 PM and have everything off... It makes it feel less safe and kind of empty.

- Garris

superman stays on later at night lately. i think they should all coordinate together. and the smaller one (50 kenedy plaza?) needs to get all the lights fixed in the arch.

i think i'll email textron now...

- Garris

I have communicated with Textron twice...one reply - "looking into the possibility" 6 wks ago.

I would hope that the city administration would push on this issue with BOA, Textron, and the rest for Fri-Sat 'til 1AM at least. It makes such a difference.

I have communicated with Textron twice...one reply - "looking into the possibility" 6 wks ago.

I would hope that the city administration would push on this issue with BOA, Textron, and the rest for Fri-Sat 'til 1AM at least. It makes such a difference.

Not all the lights downtown are automated. Even if they made some sort of agreement I could forsee security guards and building engineers turning off the lights before going to sleep right when they show up for the midnight shift.

I agree that it does not make the skyline look or feel nice to see the lights out at night, but I think they're sending a more environmentally responsible message to cut the hours, even if their intention is only to save money.

Maybe they should get some wind turbines to power them all night - now that would make a unique skyline.

Each building could add strategically placed refractor panels and use a spotlight that scans across the building(s) and catches the panel. As a lower energy alternative, a laser could be used to amplify the reflection......i.e., wait until dark and shine a laser pointer into your neighbors car tail light.

I drove by at 10:10 tonight, and the lights were off... Pretty depressing, given that other things in the city are still open and the city is still "alive" at that time... Time to find out who to write a letter to at One Financial...

Each building could add strategically placed refractor panels and use a spotlight that scans across the building(s) and catches the panel. As a lower energy alternative, a laser could be used to amplify the reflection......i.e., wait until dark and shine a laser pointer into your neighbors car tail light.

I get the tail light example, but I absolutely can't picture how this would apply to the skyscrapers :blink: .

- Garris

I drove by at 10:10 tonight, and the lights were off... Pretty depressing, given that other things in the city are still open and the city is still "alive" at that time... Time to find out who to write a letter to at One Financial...

Rick Hadfield, CBRE.. he's the head building engineer.... you might wanna address it to the 29th floor if you can't find anything else about him. I suspect he might ignore your letter, though.

on edit:

rick_hadfield.jpg

mailto:[email protected]

Archived