Ruskin Heights

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will be planning sessions starting this week regarding this development. I was curious to hear what other think should be included in the project. They are taking input from the citizens to design the neighborhood.

If one thing Fayetteville does not have and would be quite nice to have during the summer time is more fountains around the town. Or even just sculptures in general.

It would be nice if the roads were to small for cars as well. Have just one entrance to the community and the rest be either bicycle or pedestrian width. Especially if this is going to include any retail.

If one thing Fayetteville does not have and would be quite nice to have during the summer time is more fountains around the town. Or even just sculptures in general.

It would be nice if the roads were to small for cars as well. Have just one entrance to the community and the rest be either bicycle or pedestrian width. Especially if this is going to include any retail.

I'll certainly agree with you there. I really wish there was more public art, something like some sculptures or maybe some fountains or something. The only bad thing about having one road being the entrance/exit is that it bottlenecks all the traffic to that one point. I think more people have been trying to push more connectivity. I know urbans planners like Dover Kohl have mentioned this. They pointed out highly desirable neighborhoods like Washington-Willow are designed like this. By the way I don't recall hearing much about Ruskin Heights. Where in the city is this going to be located?

I'll certainly agree with you there. I really wish there was more public art, something like some sculptures or maybe some fountains or something. The only bad thing about having one road being the entrance/exit is that it bottlenecks all the traffic to that one point. I think more people have been trying to push more connectivity. I know urbans planners like Dover Kohl have mentioned this. They pointed out highly desirable neighborhoods like Washington-Willow are designed like this. By the way I don't recall hearing much about Ruskin Heights. Where in the city is this going to be located?

It was mentioned in a previous post. It will be located along Mission, across from the nursery (Westwood?). Planning sessions will start Wednesday.

It was mentioned in a previous post. It will be located along Mission, across from the nursery (Westwood?). Planning sessions will start Wednesday.

Oh okay, that one. I saw that mentioned but guess I missed the name. Thanks for the info. :D

I see your point about bottlenecking and really just forgot about the immense problems already present with those types of neighborhoods. Connectivity is really something that will benefit our community. I was just thinking of the pedestrian aspect.

I won't go into all the details but there was an article in today's Northwest Arkansas Times talking about the development and how public input was wanted. From what I'm hearing about the development sounds like an interesting development. I admit I'm usually more excited over condo developments closer to the heart of the city. But this sounds like it will be a nice neighborhood when it's all said and done.

Archived