The Velocity

NewTowner

• 1 month later...

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I have noticed a lot of activity on the Velocity site recently--I can't remember when groundbreaking is for this project--in the spring? If so it looked like typical pre-groundbreaking activity. I guess it could be just spill over from ICON construction but it didn't look like it.

Hi all,

I've always been a lurker but I run across this site really frequently as a local Realtor specializing in urban loft sales. I have quite a bit of new information regarding Velocity and i just posted the following on my website:

I recently had the privilege to attended a Velocity info-session and learned a bit more about this exciting and secretive project. The condominium section of the development will include over 250 units. All regular units will be priced from $160,000 to $300,000 with the smallest homes at 535 square feet. There will also be 54 MDHA affordable units starting at $139,000. Deeded parking spaces will start at $10,000 each. 40% of the units in the development will be priced under $180,000 and 80% will be priced under $250,000. Velocity is scheduled to be ready for occupancy by late '08 or early '09. A second phase across Pine Street will follow that will house rental apartments. The prime amenities at Velocity will be a rooftop owners lounge with views of downtown and the Gulch and a large dog park. There is no pool on speck for this community. Units will be high-tech featuring wi-fi and built-in desk stations. They will showcase a retro-chic design and color palate featuring units with cork flooring and chrome accents. Northern facing units will have a downtown view. Investor units will be extremely limited and I don't anticipate any investor opportunities during the first few weeks of sales, but those rules haven't been ironed out just yet. Renderings of the building have yet to be made public but the facade will max out at six stories. Historically Bristol has not released floorplans until opening day. If that policy changes I will let you know. The official release date for Velocity will be April 19th and reservation time-slots will be scheduled by appointment only. A 5% earnest money deposit will be required at the time of contract. As a reward for being a top sales agent at past Bristol developments, I have been guaranteed a spot for my clients on opening day.

Hope this helps!

Hi all,

I've always been a lurker but I run across this site really frequently as a local Realtor specializing in urban loft sales. I have quite a bit of new information regarding Velocity and i just posted the following on my website:

I recently had the privilege to attended a Velocity info-session and learned a bit more about this exciting and secretive project. The condominium section of the development will include over 250 units. All regular units will be priced from $160,000 to $300,000 with the smallest homes at 535 square feet. There will also be 54 MDHA affordable units starting at $139,000. Deeded parking spaces will start at $10,000 each. 40% of the units in the development will be priced under $180,000 and 80% will be priced under $250,000. Velocity is scheduled to be ready for occupancy by late '08 or early '09. A second phase across Pine Street will follow that will house rental apartments. The prime amenities at Velocity will be a rooftop owners lounge with views of downtown and the Gulch and a large dog park. There is no pool on speck for this community. Units will be high-tech featuring wi-fi and built-in desk stations. They will showcase a retro-chic design and color palate featuring units with cork flooring and chrome accents. Northern facing units will have a downtown view. Investor units will be extremely limited and I don't anticipate any investor opportunities during the first few weeks of sales, but those rules haven't been ironed out just yet. Renderings of the building have yet to be made public but the facade will max out at six stories. Historically Bristol has not released floorplans until opening day. If that policy changes I will let you know. The official release date for Velocity will be April 19th and reservation time-slots will be scheduled by appointment only. A 5% earnest money deposit will be required at the time of contract. As a reward for being a top sales agent at past Bristol developments, I have been guaranteed a spot for my clients on opening day.

Hope this helps!

I have noticed a lot of activity on the Velocity site recently--I can't remember when groundbreaking is for this project--in the spring? If so it looked like typical pre-groundbreaking activity. I guess it could be just spill over from ICON construction but it didn't look like it.

Hi, I'm curious about the Pine Street Flats project..You stated that these apt. units would be located across the street from the Velocity. It seems like I read somewhere that Pine Street was being extended and that these apt. units would be located on the same side as the Velocity and Icon (the space inbetween them)

If not, does anyone know if there is anything in the works for this parcel of land between Velocity and Icon??

Thanks for the info NLS... I actually bought one of the patio units at the ICON..basically it's a 2nd Floor unit due to the lower level garage entry..and the unit is located just beyond the historical wall facing downtown.

At the moment there is a slight city view..but if the Pine Street Flats building is over two stories I can kiss that view goodbye huh.. I'm really looking forward to seeing an artist rendering of this project to see just how many ICON unit views will actually be blocked...should be interesting. Thanks again for your input

Maybe the Icon's residents will help spur a Nashville-based Renaissance in architectural beauty by demanding that the Velocity and the Pine Street Flats look gorgeous, rather than cheap and stupid. After all, if your view of downtown--purchased at a premium--was going to be blocked by a new building erected by the same firm that sold you your view of downtown--purchased at a premium--would you not at the very least be inclined to hope that the new building was a beautiful work of art?

I, at least, would be willing to forgo a view of Nashville's collection of office towers for a direct view of Garnier's Opera House or even the richly and tastefully detailed Hermitage Hotel...but my rage would know no limits if my view was blocked by a garish cube with undressed windows, coated in synthetic stucco...particularly if it was built--again--by the same firm that sold me my now-ruined view.

It seems ironic, as Bristol stacks buildings on top of each other, that the exterior fa

^Plus, at some point, it should become less about "gorgeous skyline views" and more about living in a dense urban environment. The idea is that you can walk out onto the street and have immediate access to all the downtown amenities and not just stay holed up in your condo gawking at the views. That's for suburbanites and tourists.

^Plus, at some point, it should become less about "gorgeous skyline views" and more about living in a dense urban environment. The idea is that you can walk out onto the street and have immediate access to all the downtown amenities and not just stay holed up in your condo gawking at the views. That's for suburbanites and tourists.

• 1 month later...

It's all about price points and with the pricing starting at $160k, they will sell like hot cakes to that young single urban crowd who want to be in the gulch. this is not a development for those of us who want to live in sobro or even church street.

Archived