New kid on the block....

flyrob

Hi everyone! I'm Rob, I live in South Lansing, and I basically just wanted to introduce myself. I'm an office manager for a property management company in East Lansing, and (aside from architecture & development) my interests include geography, reading, weather, road trips (!!), TV & movies and music. I will be checking out this site quite often as I really have a thing for urban development, planning and re-use of older, historic buildings in lieu of tearing them down. I've lived in quite a few larger cities and have seen the potential for places such as Lansing to experience a re-birth through urban renewal. I'm also a big fan of high-rise buildings, however, since Lansing doesn't boast any really large commercial or residential projects I'm usually paying a bit more attention to the Detroit and Grand Rapids scenes for that. It would be nice, say, if Lansing got smart and "hip" and built some high-rise (15-20 floors) apartments or condos along the riverfront, but that doesn't seem likely any time soon. Anyway, I'm glad I found this site and look forward to "meeting" some nice, down to earth people who share similar interests! :shades:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome. It always good to have more voices around here. The forum has been a little slow as development news is going through its annual summer slowdown. Hopefully, there will be more to talk about, soon.

Thanks! I'm really not sure what to expect here, since I'm the newbie. But I appreciate the reply just the same!

Well, I hear they are already gossiping about you over at the other forums. ;) lol j/k

Welcome. Just talk about the stuff that interests you. I usually get excited about the littlest things, so if you find yourself doing the same and feeling like a big dork...IT'S O.KAAAY!

Thanks! I'm really not sure what to expect here, since I'm the newbie. But I appreciate the reply just the same!

Well, hey, that makes me feel better!! :) How's things down in the Motor City? I love Detroit. OMG, that city has SOOOOO much flippin' potential......the architecture of the old train stations, power plants, mental hospitals, hotels, etc. Detroit has some AMAZING structures. Anyway - thanks for the welcome!!

Archived