Murfreesboro: Construction Begins On The Avenue

Relient J

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Stones River Mall website has a new video of what's to come. It pops up in an extra window, so don't close the window. The interior is going to die for when completed.

Ishould've elaborated more. Tuscan-inspired interior decor. Sweeping high ceilings and Italian tile floors and plush furniture and kids play areas. The food court is going to be impressive, they are possibly removing they're removing the center court fountain. The renderings are very very pleasing to the eye, and it partly reminds me of the Cheescake Factory building in Green Hills. Build up yall, I can't wait to come home. :thumbsup:

Thanks for that.....That would've always been blocked and I'd have missed it. I also meant to tell you Relient...that the Dillard's there was built as a Wal-Mart in the late 80s.....since you're not from here i thought you'd find that interesting. Castner-Knott remodeled it and Dillard's bought them 2 years after they opened.

Edited by MurfRez

Thanks for that.....That would've always been blocked and I'd have missed it. I also meant to tell you Relient...that the Dillard's there was built as a Wal-Mart in the late 80s.....since you're not from here i thought you'd find that interesting. Castner-Knott remodeled it and Dillard's bought them 2 years after they opened.

I remember that back in the day, I think SRM has made just a smidge of progress, you think?

Thanks for the history lesson, MurfRez! That is interesting indeed. So, just to press a little further on this issue, did the building ever open as a Wal-Mart? And if so was it attached to the mall as such? That would be an unusual Wal-Mart.

Yes it opened as a Wal-Mart and oddly, it was connected to the mall, you got me. But of course they relocated down the street.

Well if Gap stays there and Banana Republic comes in to Stones River, they should be fine. They will have the large department stores that the Avenue won't. Also, Gap and Banana will most likely have more draw than any of the apparel retailers at the Avenue.

My understanding is that the Belk at The Avenue is going to be larger and better than their average store.

• 6 months later...