St. Paul Travelers

Next to JoJo's on Pratt will be a new asian restaurant, a true sushi restaurant, from the owners of Koji. Apparently Koji doesn't offer a la carte sushi, and many people have complained, so the owners want to open a new one (even though its just a block away) and change Koji to a yakitori restaurant/bar.

The new restaurant will include access to the roof, although the view isn't spectacular and it can only be open for 3-4 months per year.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next to JoJo's on Pratt will be a new asian restaurant, a true sushi restaurant, from the owners of Koji. Apparently Koji doesn't offer a la carte sushi, and many people have complained, so the owners want to open a new one (even though its just a block away) and change Koji to a yakitori restaurant/bar.

The new restaurant will include access to the roof, although the view isn't spectacular and it can only be open for 3-4 months per year.

Are you sure about this? I have been hearing the same thing for over a year now, yet construction has never started. And as of today, the sign in the window still says the space is available. Apparently, a lease has not yet been signed.

Are you sure about this? I have been hearing the same thing for over a year now, yet construction has never started. And as of today, the sign in the window still says the space is available. Apparently, a lease has not yet been signed.

I heard the building was going to be another bar, not an asian/sushi place. Feng, may be the restaurant you were hearing of, though the owners are not affiliated with Koji.

I heard the building was going to be another bar, not an asian/sushi place. Feng, may be the restaurant you were hearing of, though the owners are not affiliated with Koji.

I have heard the story for awhile now, so maybe there are lease issues. I heard it from a waitress and an owner of a minority interest in Koji, whose brother I used to be friends with.

Either way, that place is prime, with 80 new units going in right across the street, and Pratt street starting to turn into a major hartford destination.

Even if it's ony open 4 months a year. The rooftop over Jojo's would be an awesome happy hour spot.

Hartford still doesn't have a rooftop restaurant. I think the Mariott made a huge mistake putting the healthclub and pool on the top floor. I think a restaurant would have killed up there.

As far as I know, and I am pretty sure it's correct, the owners of Koji did sign a lease for the spot. The landlord is suppose to do some build out for the place but I don't know why he has not start the construction.

No surprise. Rocky Hill has a lot less to offer than downtown Hartford so the real estate is pretty cheap. Good thing not everyone shares WFSB's thinking because all companies would move to these office parks. Did the WFSB reporter seem happy about moving to RH?

No surprise. Rocky Hill has a lot less to offer than downtown Hartford so the real estate is pretty cheap. Good thing not everyone shares WFSB's thinking because all companies would move to these office parks. Did the WFSB reporter seem happy about moving to RH?

Neither the reporter nor the cameraman were happy about moving. I have spoken to at least 4 reporters from WFSB, they don't like it at all.

Neither the reporter nor the cameraman were happy about moving. I have spoken to at least 4 reporters from WFSB, they don't like it at all.

They'll be first on the scene for all of the breaking news out of Rocky Hill! :rofl:

Channel 30 will start scooping them now left and right, if we could convince Fox 61 to be a full news station with broadcasts mornings and 5:00 through 6:30 PM as well as 10:00 that would be a good move in my opinion.

I don't like WFSB moving either, but a better deal is a better deal. Companies, right or wrong, only care about the bottom line... Meredith is no different. All that being said, I'd have to think, they will at least maintain a news desk in Hartford. It would be suicidal in the face of their competition not to. I know they will be broadcasting weather from the science museum, but surely they have to have some news presence in the capitol city. Don't they have news desks in NH and elsewhere?

I don't like WFSB moving either, but a better deal is a better deal. Companies, right or wrong, only care about the bottom line... Meredith is no different. All that being said, I'd have to think, they will at least maintain a news desk in Hartford. It would be suicidal in the face of their competition not to. I know they will be broadcasting weather from the science museum, but surely they have to have some news presence in the capitol city. Don't they have news desks in NH and elsewhere?

Even though Channel 8 is a New haven station, they do have a satelite studio in the candycane building.

Oh of course Rocky Hill offered a better deal to WFSB. With gas though there are going to be high costs traveling to the courts in Hartford, the hospitals and news that happens in Hartford, West Hartford and East Hartford (and theres a lot)

I am here in Philly right now and I was on a tour and one of the guides told me the local CBS affiliate which has a four story building right near Independance Hall and across from the new visitors center, next door to the US Mint and the Constitution Museum might move.....they couldnt be in a better locale.....its really to bad if they do move

Oh of course Rocky Hill offered a better deal to WFSB. With gas though there are going to be high costs traveling to the courts in Hartford, the hospitals and news that happens in Hartford, West Hartford and East Hartford (and theres a lot)

I am here in Philly right now and I was on a tour and one of the guides told me the local CBS affiliate which has a four story building right near Independance Hall and across from the new visitors center, next door to the US Mint and the Constitution Museum might move.....they couldnt be in a better locale.....its really to bad if they do move

That's a problem when these stations are only one in a portfolio of media outlets for Meredith, Lin, and Tribune Broadcasting. In the case of WFSB, I have no doubt that the employees wanted to stay in Hartford, but they are not an independent. They are owned by Meredith Corp who likely called the shots. To them they probably just see it's only ten miles or so away, where the people who actually run WFSB know Hartford is closer to the news.

Sorry, didn't mean to threadjack.

I think the Mariott made a huge mistake putting the healthclub and pool on the top floor. I think a restaurant would have killed up there.

I agree 100%. That's a gorgeous view up there wasted on people swimming and running on a treadmill. It could have been Hartford's Windows on the World or Top of the Hub.

About WFSB moving, not one person who works there is happy. I used to work across the street on Columbus Boulevard next to the Hartford Steam Boiler, and now we're in Rocky Hill, ironically, directly across the street from where the new WFSB building is going up. There is no comparison. I can't tell you how much I miss working downtown.

Funny...I thought I was the only person who also called them the pink buildings! That's where I used to work...UnitedHealth Group. I can tell you there is only a lousy cafeteria on the ground floor. The Steam Boiler has a nice pubilc cafeteria, but it's on the second floor.

Funny...I thought I was the only person who also called them the pink buildings! That's where I used to work...UnitedHealth Group. I can tell you there is only a lousy cafeteria on the ground floor. The Steam Boiler has a nice pubilc cafeteria, but it's on the second floor.

There is actually a restaraunt at the top of the Harford Steam Boiler building. It's called the Polytechnic Club and it's supposed to be really good actually!

Polytechnic Club

I vote holding next Urban Planet meet up at Polytechnic Club. Maybe we will get a group discount? :rofl:

Even with a discount it'll be like $50 a head. :rofl: That's the problem with these chi chi restaurants we have. Too damn expensive to go on a regular basis.

Even with a discount it'll be like $50 a head. :rofl: That's the problem with these chi chi restaurants we have. Too damn expensive to go on a regular basis.

They actually do a prix fixe lunch (soup, app, and entree) for around 30 dollars. I've had lunch there a few times (though not on my dime) and there are incredible views (20th floor) and the meal is always amazing...

The real question is what happens with the WFSB building. I think it would make a great home for ESPN radio.

Or get Channel 30 to move there, from West Hartford.

I vote holding next Urban Planet meet up at Polytechnic Club. Maybe we will get a group discount? :rofl:

That would be awesome!!! :D

Archived