ACTION NEEDED: Support the TTA Red Line

monsoon

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been up since January - I guess I just didn't tell enough people!?

Even so, it may still be too late... but thanks everyone for the help.

So far, about 120 people have signed up. That's okay, but not great.

I think that if I can get 200 names, I'll write up a press release and send it to as many local politicians as I can think of in the form of a letter with the attached list.

It's important to show that there is popular support for this project.

I did my part way back when the site came back up. I did forward it to another group to pass on to their members to support the initiative.

Also does TTA know that this site is up? How about N&O, Herald Sun and The Indy? Sounds like there should be a feature article somewhere to drum up support.

• 2 weeks later...

What ashame? I remember reading the N&O on a regular basis a couple of years ago and how positive they were this commuter rail line was going to happen. What a major turn of events? What is the major holdup for the construction of the line (besides politics)?

With the smart commuter challenge going on now, how can we link that effort with this? That website says there are already 1,245 participants involved, and they will have information booths in several locations over the next few weeks.

As gas prices continue to flirt with $3/gallon, this is an opportune time to drum up public support for the rail project.

• 4 weeks later...

I did my part. Its a shame that our Congressmen and women, our state representatives, and even our local politicians are not more behind an urban rail line for the state capitol. Its like the land of NASCAR is incompatible with mass transit. Charlotte has there light rail thing going though.

Maybe and itty bitty realestate tax would help with this effort. Of course that would create some unnecessary hullaballo, but worth it.

By the way I was thinking about the diesel that the trains would use, and remembered in Jackonville, Fl the municipal government is switching all there city trucks over to biodiesel. Biodiesel which is given to them for free (I think) from local restaurants :thumbsup: thats some sweet nectar. Something to ponder.

By the way I was thinking about the diesel that the trains would use, and remembered in Jackonville, Fl the municipal government is switching all there city trucks over to biodiesel. Biodiesel which is given to them for free (I think) from local restaurants :thumbsup: thats some sweet nectar. Something to ponder.

Fortunately NC has been running fuel-grade Biodiesel Blends for years now. NC State and Duke have been using it since 2003 at least, I'm sure UNC has as well. Progress Energy uses it, and I think even some local school systems use it either in their fleet vehicles or buses. I believe the city Raleigh started phasing it in around 2001 for their fleet vehicles, and Raleigh has otherwise had an alternative fuels program since 1998 or 1999 I think.

It would be cool if future TTA trains also used a Biodiesel based fuel. Since they would be using non-highway fuel anyway, they could legally step it up to 100% Biodiesel.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived