Hello!

Hello all. New here to this here forum and just wanted to grab a cup of coffee, sit down and chat with y'all for a bit. Well, I'll take tea if that is ok. Don't much like coffee.

I have lived here in Charlotte for almost 10 years now. Originally from Michigan and a Proud Yankee!

Howdy!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't think of the name off hand but there is a tea room that recently opened in the new shopping center at Carmel & Hwy 51. They had a write up recently in one of the local papers. Actually, it's a tea room that also offers massages. :blush:

Oh, and welcome to the boards redbaron.

I can't think of the name off hand but there is a tea room that recently opened in the new shopping center at Carmel & Hwy 51. They had a write up recently in one of the local papers. Actually, it's a tea room that also offers massages. :blush:

Oh, and welcome to the boards redbaron.

There's also La-tea-da's on 7th Street beside Jackalope Jack's in Elizabeth

Well, I hope I can sneak my own intro in here...

I've been visiting the site for a few months now and finally decided to at least join - I really enjoy reading about the malls and what everyone thinks of roadway projects/improvements in Charlotte. I love visiting the site and reading all the updates - you guys are very informed :D

I've been living in Charlotte about 3 years now, for the second time. Lived in Rock Hill back in the 90's (and hey - Charlotte was all there was then!). I'm a southcharlottean - Tryon/Arrowwood/Tyvola area.

Just heard about the Tea Rex place - one of my ahem, coffee! customers (who works there!) recommended it to me last weekend. Hoping to find some time to visit this weekend.

Anyway - just wanted to say hi!

I'm also a Michiganian...Detroit area native, and have been here for about six months. So far, I really like Charlotte.

Its got some problems, but nothing compared to my hometown. Taxes are low (insert laughter here), crime is low (again, insert local laughter) and the people have been really freindly.

I can't complain about where I've landed.

I thought you guys were called Michiganders. Welcome, my friend. Welcome to our slice of Heaven.

Actually, Michiganians is correct. "Michiganders" was originally a derogatory name Ohioans used to describe folks from Michigan...as in "crazy as a goose." Same with the "wolverine" state designation...

Not many wolverines in Michigan, if at all, even back in the day. The term was used to describe the ornery nature of the folks in the frontiers of Michigan, which was quite wild in the days before statehood.

Archived