New Construction on Bird Road

Does anyone know anything about what is under construction at the corner of 38th and Bird Road? Currently, there are two cranes, plus about 4 levels already constructed. I can't see any signs along the street, indicating what is being constructed - also no "for sale" signs, say, if it were a condominium.

Anyone have any ideas?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know anything about what is under construction at the corner of 38th and Bird Road? Currently, there are two cranes, plus about 4 levels already constructed. I can't see any signs along the street, indicating what is being constructed - also no "for sale" signs, say, if it were a condominium.

Anyone have any ideas?

The Miami Dade Property Appraiser's office gives the address as 3760 Bird Road. It appears that the property is being proposed for a mixed-use project with retail, office, and residential units - it went before the Planning Board for MUSP approval in January, and was items #4 and #5 on this agenda:

http://www.ci.miami.fl.us/hearing_boards/m...es/06-01-18.pdf

It might have changed on the way from Planning to the Commission, but since the agenda has the application numbers, it shouldn't be too hard to track down.

Albaby

The Miami Dade Property Appraiser's office gives the address as 3760 Bird Road. It appears that the property is being proposed for a mixed-use project with retail, office, and residential units - it went before the Planning Board for MUSP approval in January, and was items #4 and #5 on this agenda:

http://www.ci.miami.fl.us/hearing_boards/m...es/06-01-18.pdf

It might have changed on the way from Planning to the Commission, but since the agenda has the application numbers, it shouldn't be too hard to track down.

Albaby

Albaby - Thanks for that information. I am in the 4000 Ponce building, and watching my view of downtown slowly disappear!

Albaby - Thanks for that information. I am in the 4000 Ponce building, and watching my view of downtown slowly disappear!

Albaby,

Actually, I looked it up - that is Harvy Hernandez' property, located at 3760 Bird Road - however there is another project under construction - just west of that property at the corner of SW 38th Avenue and SW 40th Street. There are two big cranes. The HH development is on the old Deel Volkswagon site, this is west of that site. Maybe it is part of the same development - If I find out, I will post it.

Archived