Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRDadof3

Grand Rapids listed among Top 20 Inventive "Up and Comers"

8 posts in this topic

Although we didn't make the top 20 "Most Inventive Towns" in America, we did make the Top 20 "Up and Comers" category, with over 140 patents last year in GR and 120 in Holland.

Grand Rapids Press Article

In a knowlege-based world, this should be capitalized on.

wasn't this apart of the media blitz of the mystery development? GR's ability at ingenuity and innventiveness?

nonetheless, i sure of someone is marketing the strengths of GR to the outside business world.

wasn't this apart of the media blitz of the mystery development? GR's ability at ingenuity and innventiveness?

nonetheless, i sure of someone is marketing the strengths of GR to the outside business world.

Similar concept, different company. That was Robert Huggins & Associates "World Knowledge Competitive Index", where GR ranked 6th in 2005.

Great news!

My question is, what's going on down in Holland, though? 121 for a city that size is nothing short of amazing.

It would be interesting to see a list of inventions for each city.

*EDIT: Oops, I just read on in the article to see that it says that most of the inventions/patents for Metro GR are office furniture and autoparts related*

Great news!

My question is, what's going on down in Holland, though? 121 for a city that size is nothing short of amazing.

It would be interesting to see a list of inventions for each city.

*EDIT: Oops, I just read on in the article to see that it says that most of the inventions/patents for Metro GR are office furniture and autoparts related*

Gentex and Donnelly are probably the 2 biggest patent holders in the Holland area.

Gentex and Donnelly are probably the 2 biggest patent holders in the Holland area.

There is also a company called Sordal that does a lot with NASA. I think the owner, who recently passed away, had alot of patents as well.

The article also mentions that Van Andel Research Institute has 30 patents pending at the moment that have not been counted yet.

Don't forget Johnson Controls