Goose Creek Development

titanhog

well i liked the trees and peacefulness out there while it lasted. guess i'll have to drive to alabama soon just to get that now. unless they build one massive subdivision between there and hunstville. maybe it is a good thing there is a break of infill between nashville and franklin.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The problem with your "philosphy," is that it assumes a person's property is an island surrounded by empty space. While the property you own is yours, it's still a part of the sovereign United States, and therefore falls under its provided rights, laws, and regulations. If you were left to maintain sole, complete ownership and responsibility of "your" property outside of any government regulation, then there would be nothing to stop me from invading "your" property and declaring it my own.....

.....you seem to forget that what you do with your property also affects the value of all the property surrounding yours. In fact, the only way to determine the value of "your" property isn't by what's built--or can be--on it, but what's built on the property surrounding it. Otherwise, the property only has value to you, which in the free market means it has zero value....

....Who prevents 1 of the 100 people from stealing/invading the other 99 acres. This is where governmental regulation comes in...

No offense, but your "philosophy" on land ownership would have us living in the Stone Age with no roads, rail, airports, no public infrastructure of any kind....

You can't compensate someone for what could be built on their property, because it is NOT YET on their property....

....The irony of Kheldane's rant about the government's use of police force to evict someone from "their" property is that this same police force prevents others from stealing/invading/claiming/trespassing on "their" property. It's called compromise.

Pft! The free market provides you with a mechanism to control development in Rutherford County without any government involvement. If you want parcel XYZ to remain "virgin" and un-developed, you need only purchase that land yourself and hold it un-developed. You don't need any one's permission to do this or any new laws/regulations/comissions. Your power to guide development is directly related to the size of your wallet.

Now, if your wallet happens to be so regretfully small that you are unable to purchase all the land you want to control, then you have to ask yourself why that is. People get rich by supplying goods and services to the public (which benefit the public) in exchange for money. If you haven't come up with an outstanding way to help people achieve their goals (by purchasing your goods or services), then you will not have the money available to control large swaths of land in Rutherford. For that reason, you do not deserve to have your vision of Rutherford county development realized, because you are not an outstanding contributor to society. You're just an average person with an opinion, but no money to back it up. And for that reason you don't deserve to have your dreams realized. The evil developers you malign buy their land fair and square. But all you've got is an opinion: that opinion and 65 cents will buy you a Krystal.

Your posts reek of arrogance and disregard for other people's private property and hard work. "If I were mayor I would do this, that, and the third". Whatever! It's easy to say other people should do what you want with their land, their money. What do you do with YOUR land and money that is so great? Your basic opinion can be summed up thusly: "Decisions about land use should be made by anyone except the land owners because the land owners are just trying to make a profit on their investment". Think about how ridiculous that is...

^Indeed. Since I have been royally beaten up for my moderation skills in the Nashville forum (I admit that some of it was deserved), I have tried to let you guys moderate yourselves. I got a complaint about this thread. I urge all of you to please try and follow our rules when discussing a topic on this site.

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

As far as I know real estate is not tanking in Williamson. The number of sales is down but the price is basically flat. The job market will continue to drive Williamson sales, as the managers/leaders of the corporations that transfer to Middle Tennessee will continue to flock to Williamson.

I think it will be interesting to compare this project with Westhaven when both are done. I love Westhaven(even though some call it fake).

Let's see if City of Franklin will be willing to go for broke on tax credits and incentives on these office buildings. At some point the county won't be a viable location for corporate offices, mainly due to congestion and related such. I sure as hell wouldn't live there, too much traffic, and its like you have to conform in a way to live there, I hate them, thank God for the West Hills dividing Williamson County from my Rutherford. Williamson County can only sustain mainly high dollar residents for so long, real eastate there is really tanking, according to my aunt who works for Bob Parks.

Actually, I like this development. In the picture below notice how much denser this development is next the the very low density development that currently exists in the area. I wish the development were located closer into Nashvilee, but I see an improving trend that may mean denser less sprawly growth in the future, even in Williamson County.

GooseCreek.jpg

Let's see if City of Franklin will be willing to go for broke on tax credits and incentives on these office buildings. At some point the county won't be a viable location for corporate offices, mainly due to congestion and related such. I sure as hell wouldn't live there, too much traffic, and its like you have to conform in a way to live there, I hate them, thank God for the West Hills dividing Williamson County from my Rutherford. Williamson County can only sustain mainly high dollar residents for so long, real eastate there is really tanking, according to my aunt who works for Bob Parks.

Actually, I like this development. In the picture below notice how much denser this development is next the the very low density development that currently exists in the area. I wish the development were located closer into Nashvilee, but I see an improving trend that may mean denser less sprawly growth in the future, even in Williamson County.

GooseCreek.jpg

In reality Hankster, the development is the next logical step for sprawl down there. This is the next exit down from hwy 96, the Franklin M'boro exit. This is also the exit before 840 going south. I think this is going to be the next big area of growth for Williamson county and it will continue on into Spring Hill.

Today in the Williamson AM they had a big thing on Goose Creek Development:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../801270361/1327

I really don't understand why people move out into areas that are rural/suburban at the time, and KNOW very well that development is coming, and then whine that they're losing their view of cows, barns, etc.

Those are the same people that go to Whole Foods one day and take there small kids to McDonald's the next. :wacko:

Seriously, this project will continue the sprawl southward toward Spring Hill and eventually Columbia. The is a sea of cow pastures that developers see as big $$$ signs. I do fell sorry for the folks who have moved out to escape the sprawl or the ones that have lived out that far all their life. I guess we have to face reality that the Nashville Metro area is turning into a huge metro area and is starting to follow the Atlanta model.

My bad comment earlier on this was to that I hate Williamson County's model of growing, it is not healthy at all. The biggest issue they will face soon will not be traffic or overcrowding, it will be water. This county has no MAJOR source of water, no large lakes to rely on, they rely on the Harpeth River, which isnt the most reliable source, considering its flow can change dramatically from one rain episode to the next. Wilco will need to start filling in, instead of spreading out. Heck its even happening way out on Arno Road out by Page H.S.! I don't hate Wilco people, I just hate the way they grow, is what I meant to say. Rutherford isn't doin any better, hell, the Metro as a whole isnt doing a great job. ATL model is the wrongest(used that word for a reason) one to follow.

Archived