Texarkana, Ark welcomes new businesses

bigboyz05

The Arkansas side of Texarkana is seeing some much needed improved business fortunes with the recent opening of the Trinity Square shopping center and Texarkana Funeral Home's newest location. B Jaxx and Beehive Shoe Outlet are the first two stores to open at Trinity Square, which sits on Trinity Boulevard between Jefferson Ave. and Loop 245. They're part of the 32,000 square foot first phase in this development. A second phase is already planned. It will be 41,000 square feet. A dentist's office, a weight loss business and a tanning salon are lined up for the first part. Negotiations are taking place for a nail salon. That will put it at 85% leased out and because of the economic energy going on on the Arkansas side, the second phase will start construction soon. Meanwhile, a restaurant, financial institution and an ATM are in the works for the outparcels of land. A cleaner, women's and children's stores are in the works as well. More service oriented businesses are being targeted also. The new funeral home will be built at 4801 Loop 245. A flower shop will go in next door.

Texarkana, Ark. Mayor Horace Shipp said he's happy to see the new businesses on his side of town saying he thinks the Trinity Square development is already making it's mark. "I look forward to it just continuing to expand to cover their whole property and will act as a catalyst for other things to happen down Trinity Boulevard. I see it as the start for a lot of good things to come." In addition a large shopping complex is being planned on Jefferson Avenue, north of I-30. Gearing up for the rapid traffic growth of the area, the Jefferson Ave. bridge over I-30 is being expanded to 4 lanes. "The city is finally moving in the right direction and I just can't wait" said Mayor Horace Shipp.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. The north side without a doubt. Homes are sprouting like weeds. Areas that used to be woodlands have now been transformed into many sub divisions. Businesses are now popping up more quickly in that area as well.

Yep. North of I-30, mostly. My wife worked on many of the subdivisions north of I-20, and even a few years ago when she was working in Texarkana, there was a lot going on.

Yep. North of I-30, mostly. My wife worked on many of the subdivisions north of I-20, and even a few years ago when she was working in Texarkana, there was a lot going on.

I really believe that by 2010, that whole area will really be something.

• 1 month later...

Last weekend my wife and I introduced some of our friends from Texarkana, to Raising Cane's chicken fingers. They LOVED it, and I told them I wouldn't be surprised to see Cane's open a location in Texarkana at some point in the near future. Well, they called today to say that they heard on the radio today that they'd be building one in Texarkana, AR... and they were excited after having tasted how good it is. It's just funny to me that they JUST tasted it for the first time last weekend, and I even said Cane's probably end up building a location there soon, and now they supposedly are. Their website doesn't say anything about Texarkana yet, but that's not to say that this isn't true.

Darius... you'll have to try it. It's more expensive than most "chicken fingers" elsewhere, but they're worth it in my opinion.

Raising Canes' website

Archived