Tollroads?

AlabamaGuy2007

Toll Roads  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support a state-wide toll road similar to Florida's?

• Yes
    • No
    • Eventually, if Alabama's population grew enough.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In some places, absolutely. If it cuts down on drive time, then yeah, I would drive it everyday. I think that tolls are the only way that some projects in urban areas of this state will ever get off the ground anytime soon. It is inevitable that toll roads will be a reality for many drivers in the coming years.

In some places, absolutely. If it cuts down on drive time, then yeah, I would drive it everyday. I think that tolls are the only way that some projects in urban areas of this state will ever get off the ground anytime soon. It is inevitable that toll roads will be a reality for many drivers in the coming years.

I totally agree. Cause some cities really need to be connected in Alabama.

I hate that Decatur's western bypass toll road (Veterans Parkway) hasn't been talk about for a few months. It could've been great for the metro area.

• 1 month later...

This was my post from the "Dixie Tollroad" thread:

The only toll roads that would really make any sense would be something like the I-95/JFK Highway in NE Maryland applied to I-65 north of BHM. And the other would be the elevated roadway on US 280.

With the JFK Highway you are charged a one-time toll of $5 on your northbound travel, this would be applied to I-65 just inside the TN state line. There would be no other tolls charged for exits, just a one time toll upon entering the state.

US 280 would recieve its elevated roadway and have 3 tolled entry and exit points, Homewood, I-459 and the eastern terminus between Eagle Point Pkwy and Highland Lake Dr.

• 6 months later...

I think we should use toll roads to reduce road subsidies and get projects moving more quickly. However, all highway projects should be part of a statewide transportation plan, which must include public transit, and not be short-term band-aids for traffic local traffic problems.

Archived