West Nashville Development Question

jcoop

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The SuperTarget has a grocery store inside it, and that's in Nashville West, then if you go into Bellevue a little bit West you have two Krogers and a new Publix. At the 70/100 split you have a Harris Teeter and a little furthur in you have a HT and Publix being built along with an existing Kroger. If you have any more questions about West Nashville, I lived there for 10 years so just PM me. Welcome to Nashville!

Maybe this will help.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...1003/BUSINESS01

World Market, Old Navy, Staples, Pet Smart and Party City, and site preparation for an additional 40,000 square feet of retail space began this week, Martin said.

Other tenants include Bath and Body Works, with 2,400 square feet; Justice girls' apparel, with 3,200 square feet; and Lane Bryant, with 7,000 square feet.

Construction of the 15,500- square-foot Books-a-Million will begin later this summer.

I have not been to the site in a while, but I would bet this is what you are seeing.

Thanks for the updates, everyone. I checked the Target website and its store finder indicates that the Nashville West store is not a Super Target. I hope they are wrong and franktown is right. would make for some nice price wars if WalMArt and Target both had groceries that close to each other!

lucegoose

Hi, all. Few things ... my understanding is that the Nashville West Target is NOT a Super Target. Would it say so on the sign if it were?

It's pretty much the size of the White Bridge store (with practically a mirror layout). I *think* (if I recall correctly) that I was told my people stocking the grocery area one day that the Nashville West store has more freezer space, but I could be remembering wrong.

As for Hill's grocery ... as a long time resident of this community and a long time shopper at that store, I sure hope that it stays! AND that people will support it. Hill's lasted through Food Lion's brief tenure (good riddance) at the old Hillwood Shopping Center (where Costco is now; the Food Lion was next to Firestone). I hope it will last through anything present or future at Nashville West. In fact, as my husband and I have commented, we hope that people who come to shop at Nashville West will also shop at Hill's for at least some of the grocery items on their list. I'd hate to see it go from here. I will pick up things at Target and/or Costco if I can't find them at Hill's (or if something on our regular shopping list is a better bargain). Besides, if it's convenient to do so, don't a lot of us do our grocery shopping at more than one store? I sure do. Shoot, I shopped at Aldi, Hill's, and Costco all in the same afternoon this weekend!

I promise I don't work for Hill's (lol)... But yeah, gosh, I hope they'll continue to be here for a long long time. We don't need another grocery store at Nashville West or at the present Hill's location! Not sure if Hill's counts as part of Nashville West or not, but it's easily accessible from it. Anyway, with Hill's; Target's grocery section; Costco; Kroger and Aldi both just a hop, skip and jump away on Charlotte; SuperWalmart (which has, for quite some time, been a LAST resort for me for any sort of shopping, forget groceries), plus some ethnic groceries scattered around the area, I'd say we're pretty well covered! :) (And then, there are all those places franktown mentioned along with SuperWalmart, as you head farther west from Nashville West.)

Sorry to be such an infrequent, yet longwinded poster! :)

• 2 weeks later...

More stores to come to West Nashville development. Another 700,000 sq ft is expected at the Nashville West Shopping Center..

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../706180329/1003

The argument was that it is too close to Green Hills but this is a different market than the stores in Green Hills. It will hurt Cool Springs more and probably stiffle any retail development in Bellevue.

The people in Green Hills that would go to the stores such as Dicks or Bed Bath and Beyond and Cosco would go to Nashville West before they would go to Cool Springs, IMO. This is just a guess. There are not any competing stores in Green Hills here at Nashville West and if there are it is only a few.

Took my kid to Dick's last weekend and I must say, Nashville West is an impressive project. NOM really got creative on this one and they are ahead of the curve IMO in terms of seeing the potential for this dirt. Cudos to them for going high quality; it's probably as nice a power center as I've seen. Their convenient location, pleasant streetscapes and attractive landscaping will have the Belle Meade/Green Hills crowd flocking to this one in no time. Glad to see such an improvement for that area and I hope their efforts are ultimately rewarded with much success. :thumbsup:

Yeah I went to the Target the other day because it's now closer for me than going to the White Bridge Rd one and I also was impressed. I think once they get the things built that are going to be closer to the street (which I would assume will be the restaurants and such...) I think this will be a decent project. The only negative I saw was the tacky "Nashville West" sign that was in a guitar shape sort of design

Am I the only one who actually likes the guitar motif being incorporated into the sign, etc. at Nashville West? I say "etc" because if you notice, the stop signs throughout the shopping center also have a guitar design on them (not sure if ALL of them do, but definitely some do), and there's also guitar designs in the iron-work (or whatever that is) sections of the stone walls. I don't see it as any sign of "down market" at all, I think it just makes it look more fun. And hey, we ARE Nashville, "Music City USA" ... might as well have fun with it! Nothing wrong with that IMO.

edited to add: hey, check this site plan out ... looks like the NOM site has updated ....

http://www.nomllc.com/projects/nashville_w...20for%20web.pdf

Shows T.G.I. Friday's and Red Robin restaurants bordering the left side (from street view) of the planned park area. Then up to the right of Marshall's: I think that's Cost Plus WorldMarket, can't read the next one, Old Navy, Justice, Bath & Body, can't read it, DSW, New York & Company, Jewelry, can't tell what the big corner store is, shops ...., Kinnucan's, shops, Lenscrafters, restaurant. Anyway, check it out ... tells a lot. I'm glad there's going to be so many places to eat there!

Am I the only one who actually likes the guitar motif being incorporated into the sign, etc. at Nashville West? I say "etc" because if you notice, the stop signs throughout the shopping center also have a guitar design on them (not sure if ALL of them do, but definitely some do), and there's also guitar designs in the iron-work (or whatever that is) sections of the stone walls. I don't see it as any sign of "down market" at all, I think it just makes it look more fun. And hey, we ARE Nashville, "Music City USA" ... might as well have fun with it! Nothing wrong with that IMO.

Thanks, Hamlet! Glad I'm not the only one.

lol about the music ... has seemed to me that it's loudest (though not really loud) by Dick's ... I thought maybe it was coming from just outside there. I guess Best Buy would make more sense. Okay I just now called Dick's and from what I understand, they have satellite radio and there's speakers outside the store somewhere that they pipe the music through so it's heard in the parking lot. Gal I spoke to said she thought Target has the satellite radio thing too and could do the same thing outside their store. I've never heard anything other than one station when I've been there. Not even sure if the music's played all the time; I haven't noticed for sure, that's how observant I am!

PS ... duh on my earlier post ... I didn't see the "site data" at the bottom of the pdf file because I had it blown up so big while looking it over ... that corner store out from the Marshalls, past DSW's etc. ... that's where the Books-A-Million is going to be. Okay, I'm shutting up for now. lol

This is very good news for me too. I live in Ashland City and this will be a little better than going to West End, Clarksville, or Goodletsville to find a new place to eat. This is only 18 minuits from the house. Not far considering that there are few places to eat here.

I guess that means you think I have a "country complex" Jeeper haha...maybe on some level, but I think really it just caught me off guard at first. I did take time to look at how it was constructed nicely, not something cheap and so it is ok with me.

I guess maybe it is nice with the "Nashville West" name to try and show that this part even though it's not downtown is still part of Nashville which is Music City...

eh even if I try I still can't like it...but I can deal with it haha...

^I actually wasn't trying to take a shot but I see how it could have seemed that way. I was just acknowledging a more general point that there are many in Nashville that don't like country music or the association that it has with the city. I could see how the guitar sign and the music piped into the parking lot would wear on some people.

I'm with you WestNashMom. I think it was done very tastefully using quality materials and doesn't come off hokie at all. And believe me if it did I'd be the first one to complain about what could easily be seen as a cheap gimmick or play on being a music town. The piped in music throughout the parking lot (from speakers I could never find) was also nicely done IMO. I think most will agree when they see it in person but anyone with a "country complex" will probably still hate it.

I went down Charlotte Pike the other day while on a brief trip to Nashville and was most pleased with the Nashville West project. The old Hillwood shopping center was such sad thing to watch die, as I used to shop at the Food Lion, HG Hill, and the old KMart some back during one of the short periods I lived in the city for school and work; so being able to visual how Nashville West is revitalizing that commercial area was a real treat. My biggest positive reaction had to be though seeing the old Food Lion shopping strip having being torn down, it was so depressing to look at when you drove by!!!

I am very big on this project now that I have seen what it looks like and how much it will positively impact that part of the city. I know its not the most urban project, but for the part of the city it is in it fits in very well and does not detract from the area at all IMO.

Are there any rumored plans for the old KMart strip across from this project where the Bowling Alley is now?

Off-topic sort of: I am quite a big fan of West Nashville, even before this, I mean I used to drive from downtown to that area of town to shop for a change environment from the very urban Jefferson Street Kroger and the hustle of bustle of other parts of the city. I always thought it was a very friendly and quieter part of town, at least to someone from a very rural area of the state.

• 1 month later...

I HAVE SOME VALUABLE INFO FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN THE UPCOMING STORES AT THE NASHVILLE WEST SHOPPING CENTER ON CHARLOTTE PK. IN WEST NASHVILLE.THEY ARE AS FOLLOW: COST PLUS WORLD MARKET, LANE BRYANT, OLD NAVY, JUSTICE, BATH & BODY WORKS, DSW, NEW YOUR & COMPANY, CLAIRES, BOOKS A MILLION, MARBLE SLAB ICE CREAM. THEY HAVE RELEASED TWO OF THE RESTAURANTS, RED ROBIN BURGERS, AND TGIFRIDAYS, THEY HAVE 7 OR 8 MORE SPOTS FOR RESTAURANTS TOO. YOU CAN LOOK AT THE SITE PLAN AT. ITS COMING SLOWLY BUT SURELY :)

http://nomllc.com/projects/nashville_west/...20for%20web.pdf

Archived