West Nashville Development Question

jcoop

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

It looks like the stores are filling in fast. There's definitely a Cost Plus World Market on the way (no fancy overhead sign yet, just a smaller sign in their window). And it appears there going to be adding some more units next to the Books A Million soon. The Red Robin looks close to opening. There's also one more fast food looking restaurant they're building near the Staples and Firestone stores.

I know three store by the books a milliom is the right marble slab, and to te left is a claires, and a kays jewerly. the other empty spots is like the other person said a cost plus world market, childrens place, and a bath and body works. mcdonalds is rebuilding on their current site. I heard a rumor tht there would be a cick-fil-a, red lobstr, and olive garden. anyone else heard the same, or anything else.

I know the store by the books-a-million to the right is marble slab, and to the left is a claires, and a kays jewerly. the other empty spots is like the other person said a cost plus world market, childrens place, and a bath and body works. mcdonalds is rebuilding on their current site. I heard a rumor that there would be a chick-fil-a, red lobster, and olive garden. anyone else heard the same, or anything else.

"With that said, what do y'all think may fill the void in that spot?"

I wondered why there was a vacant plot between the new buildings.....

I know it isn't going to happen, but I'd give my right arm for a Trader Joe's there. Wow, do I miss that place since moving here from St Louis (and DC before that). It would begin to make up for the lousy, lousy grocery store choices we have in that part of town.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is somewhat off topic, but during lunch today my house was hit with a jolt big enough to knock down my daughter's sofa cushion fort. I'm assuming it was from blasting. I'm close to Nashville West (about a mile as the crow flies), and my house is built into the shallow bedrock through which blast waves may promulgate. I can't imagine blasting there during the day, with shopping going on nearby. Besides, the only place left to blast is the underground parking garage which is right up against the bookstore.

Is there a number to call or a website to find out about blasting schedules? I know permit holders must provide someone a schedule. Whether its to OSHA or metro or other I don't know.

I , too, felt that tremor. I have felt several since moving to West Meade last June, but this one was especially huge. My poor dogs are terrified by them. I know there's some kind of big rock/gravel quarry-looking operation very near here by the river, and have thought the blasts might be coming from there, but could be construction too. I would love to find out the source of these tremors. If more big ones like yesterday happen, I'd like to know who to contact when they crack my foundation!

Joe

This is somewhat off topic, but during lunch today my house was hit with a jolt big enough to knock down my daughter's sofa cushion fort. I'm assuming it was from blasting. I'm close to Nashville West (about a mile as the crow flies), and my house is built into the shallow bedrock through which blast waves may promulgate. I can't imagine blasting there during the day, with shopping going on nearby. Besides, the only place left to blast is the underground parking garage which is right up against the bookstore.

Is there a number to call or a website to find out about blasting schedules? I know permit holders must provide someone a schedule. Whether its to OSHA or metro or other I don't know.

• 3 weeks later...

Well Red Robin opened and it is really good, cant wait for the other restaurants. Bath ad Body works opens tomarrow, and the cost plus world market is finally stocking up there store. They finally moved that dirt pile by charlotte in front of dicks and started doing some excavating in front of target. I talk with a construction worker and he said he thinks that is where chick fil a is going. I also believe they are getting rady to start on TGIFridays too. they finally got the fountain and planters in between them done and they raised the ground there to start building. I dont know what they hold up is on the two story building goin in beside books a million Anyone else know anything else. Thanks

We really like Red Robin too. I could easily be talked into eating there more often, but we're trying to pace ourselves more when it comes to dining out. Four of our family ate there one night during their pre-opening, and then three of us were there on Valentine's night. Both times we have been there, it has been super busy, and at times the service was a tad slow ... but also understandable, we felt, under those situations. (At the pre-opening, people were still being trained, and Valentine's night - well, obviously, holiday, super busy.) On the other hand, the wait for a table on VD seemed to go by pretty quickly, didn't seem like it took the 20 minutes we were told when we showed up.

Food is really good. It may not be "three bites of some weird something on a plate with some sauce drizzled over it in a hieroglyphic pattern " type "good," but it's our kind of good, definitely. Both times we've had the spinach and artichoke dip as appetizer because it has something most of us like. I like that it's not just dip and chips either; they include celery sticks and some sort of little wedges of flat, cheesy bread things - not sure what that's called. Besides that tonight, husband and son got burgers off the menu. I had the Burger 'n Greens salad, which was huge. I brought more home than I could eat there, so that's my lunch tomorrow. What I did eat of it was pretty yummy. Their sweet tea's a winner in my book too.

Staff is friendly. So we're willing to cut 'em some slack on nights like this. We even gave a good tip (two quarters instead of one! <-- [JOKE!]) because the wait staff were courteous and friendly and it truly seemed like they were making an effort. There's no way I could do their job, not very well anyway. "Stressful" and I do not make a good match. I about got motion sick on Valentine's, just watching the staff running around the place, but then I was seated at an optimal vantage point to view lots of activity. It was kind of like the experience of watching Blair Witch (or maybe Cloverfield, haven't seen it) except it was in a nice restaurant and not scary ... or boring. :)

^ Is this Nashville's first World Market? Paducah, Ky has had one for several years and I noticed a couple months back that Memphis/Bartlett had one over by Wolfchase Galleria. They are great stores and if this is the first I think folks really should check them out. Similar to a Pier One, but substantially larger with a wider selection of goods and price points.

Archived