RUMOR: New Financial District Tower?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lots near Tommy's are larger than you may think. Also Im sure a big enough project could gets the rights to close off the road. Its a pointless road in my eye. Otherwise how about two towers with a sky bridge? Of course who knows the scope of the project,

Imagine if this board had been around in the years before moving the rivers and the most exciting thing to talk about was a building being reclad with Dryvit?

We woulda all been buzzing about the Citizens Building being built and arguing over the mall!

a pointless road in my eye

Not if you are trying to get to Weybosset from Memorial and don't want to get stuck at the multiple lights that using Dorrance entials (and yes despite have lived elsewhere for a time I have reverted to my Rhode Island roots and become an incredibly inpatient driver)

Not if you are trying to get to Weybosset from Memorial and don't want to get stuck at the multiple lights that using Dorrance entials (and yes despite have lived elsewhere for a time I have reverted to my Rhode Island roots and become an incredibly inpatient driver)

Not to mention it's usually a pretty reliable (if not illegal?) spot to park when visiting the financial district. The city seems to be really taking off.

Hows Textron doing in their tower? Ive been seeing their name out there lately in several aviation related issues, so Im wondering if they would need more room in the future?

If it s 400' or greater, the city will be totally transformed 5 years form now with Westin, water place (maybe even Ph2), 110, E@B then this.

The expanded commuter rail should only speed things up.

Its a pointless road in my eye.

Orange Street will get more use when OneTen is done. Residents will use it to turn around from their garage on Westminster, to get to Weybosset, rather than having to go all the way to Dorrance (and add traffic to that street). It also goes all the way through to Dyer, so it's usefull as a relief route for Dorrance.

Interesting--

Maybe the parking lots on Weybosset?

Hopefully. Lots to choose from :rolleyes: .

I'd love to see the parking lot on Weybosset next to the Arcade filled first. I hate the fact that lot exists...

Billypc99, how reliable is your source?

- Garris

Hows Textron doing in their tower? Ive been seeing their name out there lately in several aviation related issues, so Im wondering if they would need more room in the future?

If it s 400' or greater, the city will be totally transformed 5 years form now with Westin, water place (maybe even Ph2), 110, E@B then this.

The expanded commuter rail should only speed things up.

I dont beleive they will need more room in thier tower in Providence. Their aviation business is in various other locations. Only Textron Corporate and Finance reside in Providence.

A few evenings ago I was questioning my source about another issue. I was asking how they could be so sure that X,Y or Z would not happen when they finally gave in and said that something else was going to be built in that area and that there would be an announcement soon. I finally got them down to within 3 months. I could not get any further details. The source appears reliable and has first hand knowledge.

Archived