Various CT Pics

insituphoto

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think New Haven has a great skyline. I have always liked it. To me it rivals PVD's as far as number and quality of towers is concerned.

Not for long! In my opinion, Providence beats that, they have 3 tallers buildings, and after the new ones are done, it will be alot bigger

Not for long! In my opinion, Providence beats that, they have 3 tallers buildings, and after the new ones are done, it will be alot bigger

True, but I meant from a historical standpoint. I've always though NH's skyline was impressive and about equal to PVD's. PVD will take the lead shortly, however I wouldn't be surprised to see New Haven get some attention in the near future and it won't take all that much for NH to catch back up if they get a large wave of development going on.

Providence's skyline is really gonna start filling in a lot soon.

new haven's skyline is different. i'm not a huge fan of all the plain tan buildings, and the knights of columbus tower is ugly. the thing i really like about new haven is similar to what i like about pawtucket... there's a lot of church steeples, which i always love seeing in a city because of their architecture.

new haven is better viewed up close and not as the skyline. while i have always liked the new haven skyline (especially driving down rt 80 towards new haven when you first see it), i think the providence one is much more refined and the buildings are much more interesting to look at (and providence's buildings are lit up at night).

new haven's skyline is different. i'm not a huge fan of all the plain tan buildings, and the knights of columbus tower is ugly. the thing i really like about new haven is similar to what i like about pawtucket... there's a lot of church steeples, which i always love seeing in a city because of their architecture.

new haven is better viewed up close and not as the skyline. while i have always liked the new haven skyline (especially driving down rt 80 towards new haven when you first see it), i think the providence one is much more refined and the buildings are much more interesting to look at (and providence's buildings are lit up at night).

PVD's is much better, and is still growing. I think NH can aspire to become something like what you have now though. I don't think they'll ever have anywhere near as many towers as we have in Hartford though which is why I thought the PVD comparison to be more accurate.

PVD's is much better, and is still growing. I think NH can aspire to become something like what you have now though. I don't think they'll ever have anywhere near as many towers as we have in Hartford though which is why I thought the PVD comparison to be more accurate.

yeah, it's definitely more like providence, but it's ugly as hell... i don't see new haven getting too many new towers though. i'd like to see some better changes along the waterfront.

yeah, it's definitely more like providence, but it's ugly as hell... i don't see new haven getting too many new towers though. i'd like to see some better changes along the waterfront.

When's the last time New Haven got a new tower?

When's the last time New Haven got a new tower?

wow, good question... i remember all the current buildings from my childhood... according to emporis, the current tallest (the connecticut financial center) was built in '93... that's hte newest. one century tower was built in '90. before that, of the ones listed with heights... is 1969. the ikea building (former pirelli tire building) is at the bottom of at list at 116 ft. but there's others on the list from the 70's and 80's, '86 being the last year before 1990, although there is an 8 floor (wow, tall) building from 2003 as part of the yale medical center on congress ave, but no pic of it. i don't know if i'd call that a "tower".

I like New Haven's skyline from the bridge coming down 95 South. I actually like it better than PVD and HTFD. Providence's skyline is boring and Htfd's is too glassy and boxy. Once thought to be cool looking and chic, people have gotten bored with the obvious blandness. ...kind of like what G-Tech will do for Prov. New Haven has some great architecture and I think is more interesting......

I like New Haven's skyline from the bridge coming down 95 South. I actually like it better than PVD and HTFD. Providence's skyline is boring and Htfd's is too glassy and boxy. Once thought to be cool looking and chic, people have gotten bored with the obvious blandness. ...kind of like what G-Tech will do for Prov. New Haven has some great architecture and I think is more interesting......

Fortunately, GTech is about 10 floors too short to make any difference to the skyline. :blink:

Edit: I liked the Stilts building before, but it just shot waaaaaay up my list of preferred skyscrapers.

Archived