Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bobliocatt

West Palm Beach

South Florida is my second home. I love WPB, and there's more pics that do it more justice. Go to www.cityplace.com to see a cool live/work/play district in downtown.

Absolutely wonderful pics!!! West Palm Beach is one of my top-5 places to visit and I am looking forward to taking a vacation with my wife to Florida. Thanks for posting these shots, thelakelander.

PS: The last picture is "wild"!!! Those kids seem to be doing things they shouldn't be doing :lol::lol::lol::lol:

thanks for the comments. I forgot all about City Place when I was looking for the pics. Anyway, City Place is a wonderful urban infill project because it was constructed into downtown's existing grid and consisted of new construction as well as renovating existing buildings. Here are a couple of small pics from www.cityplace.com

image3Large.jpgimage8Large.jpg

image5Large.jpgimage6Large.jpg

image2Large.jpgimage4Large.jpg

My first time in W Palm was only a few years ago, my family would always completely bypass it heading directly to its more affluent neighbor to the East, and I was TOTALLY impressed. I loved it, and it was definitely more my style. Nice pics.

Taking Okeechobee Blvd from I-95 through downtown to Flagler and crossing into Palm Beach you have the impression that West Palm itself is a city of amazing affluence. I really was impressed with the downtown development when I was there recently. Clematis needs a little more work before it becomes a Los Olas or Atlantic Ave, though.