Chicago

Neo

On July 15th I got married and for our honeymoon we decided to not take a chance in the seas but to head to Chicago instead. Having lived in downtown Chicago I know my way around pretty well and my wife has never been much west of NC and has never been to a city as large as Chicago. We had a great time during our week stay at the Hard Rock Hotel off of Michigan Ave.

I captured nearly 400 photos and to post them here would take me quite some time. I have uploaded all of the pictures to my Flickr account so you can peruse at your leisure:

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE PHOTOS

Here is a small sampling:

198931108_9e4394932a_m.jpg198967049_c2ea5d8f95_m.jpg

199001278_2c331d16a5_m.jpg199057754_c29737c6ba_m.jpg

198985931_0c0e2de91b_m.jpg198950748_a60df35af6_m.jpg

198973935_856fd6a3a2_m.jpg198948596_4f8d386fae_m.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome, Neo! Congrats on the marriage and thanks for sharing your photos!! Chicago is absolutely one of my favorite cities and I'm jealous that you've actually lived in downtown Chicago!

I can't wait until November when I can get back up there to take some pictures.

The high-up photos you took, where Sears Tower is off in the distance, were those taken from the observatory at the Hancock? I've been in the observatory at Sears Tower, but not in the Hancock. Maybe this year I'll be able to go up in both so I can have the same views OF the Sears Tower as I normally get FROM the Sears Tower.

I can tell the photos of the skyline taken from outside the Shedd Aquarium. That's a view I'm VERY familiar with as it's one of my favorites! :D

By the way... you're an excellent photographer!

The high-up photos you took, where Sears Tower is off in the distance, were those taken from the observatory at the Hancock? I've been in the observatory at Sears Tower, but not in the Hancock. Maybe this year I'll be able to go up in both so I can have the same views OF the Sears Tower as I normally get FROM the Sears Tower.

I've honestly never been to the observation deck in the Sears Tower. The shots I took were from the Hancock Observatory. I have a few shots from a rare view from the 73rd floor of the AON Center (not open to public) I took about 4 years ago when I worked there:

DSC00047.JPG

DSC00051.JPG

DSC00093.JPG

DSC00151.JPG

DSC00158.JPG

I've honestly never been to the observation deck in the Sears Tower. The shots I took were from the Hancock Observatory. I have a few shots from a rare view from the 73rd floor of the AON Center (not open to public) I took about 4 years ago when I worked there:

DSC00047.JPG

DSC00051.JPG

DSC00093.JPG

DSC00151.JPG

DSC00158.JPG

Wow! The 73rd floor has some awesome views. What floor was your office on? I'd give anything to even have an office 10 stories up in downtown Chicago.

Wow! The 73rd floor has some awesome views. What floor was your office on? I'd give anything to even have an office 10 stories up in downtown Chicago.

The photos I posted were taken from the floor I worked on. Offices were located on the 72nd and 73rd floors however my office was on the 73rd. Unfortunately I did not have an outside wall office and instead my office was located towards the center of the building so I had a nice view of a wall. :P

I will admit that my first week on the job made me a little woozy, especially when I had to get near the windows. I work in IT so I was up walking around a lot, tending to dozens of workstations in various offices so it was great to have the ability to see views of the city from almost every vantage point.

Fantastic Photos, Mr. D. I did not realize there was one of those ferris wheels in Chicago that most of the world cities seem to have. These give a great perspectives of Chicago that I have never seen before.

That's at Navy Pier... and he did an excellent job of capturing that... in addition to everything else! :)

Great photos, Neo. And congrats on the marriage! :thumbsup:

I've never actually been TO Chicago, I've only been through it. Though it looks like a city that I would really enjoy, and is #1 on my list of American cities that I want to visit.

Archived