Two more parcels in downtown Chattanooga to get condos/apartments

celsius

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chattanooga is taking proposals for these two parcels near the Hunter Museum for additional housing. Should be an awesome view from that hill.

http://www.rivercitycompany.com/pdfs/media/parcel8rev6-5.pdf

http://www.rivercitycompany.com/pdfs/media/parcel9rev6-5.pdf

Wow! Thanks so much for posting this. This is most exciting news! We are already beginning to see the beginnings of a real urban neighbor here, but with the addition of these projects, as well as the two Museum Bluff projects, Cherry St Townhomes and several other adjacent residential projects, we have the makings of a pretty large urban neighborhood. It's going to be an amazing place to be a few years from now! :yahoo:

Wow, Chattanooga continues to amaze me with all of the potential and great projects going on down there. I have admired the city since I was a little kid. I look forward to seeing what proposals come in for these very important sites.

Chattanooga is taking proposals for these two parcels near the Hunter Museum for additional housing. Should be an awesome view from that hill.

http://www.rivercitycompany.com/pdfs/media/parcel8rev6-5.pdf

http://www.rivercitycompany.com/pdfs/media/parcel9rev6-5.pdf

It think this is the same project as the thread titled "More houseing to be built at 2nd and Walnut St.

Developers sought for apartments and townhomes"

However, its great to have more information on it. Those .pdfs really illustrate the location well.

I thought the N. Shore / Riverfront was "hot" when I sold my N. Chatt. house in 2001. I can't believe how much has happened since then. Really makes me homesick.

A development group announced their proposal for a 5-story, 138 unit apartment building at 2nd and Walnut. This is across from the Hunter Museum (on one side) and the Museum Bluffs Condos on the other side. It will become quite a walkable neighborhood very soon with about 400 units around that one square spot (Unum Provident Parking lot).

The city also wants to have the next block over developed as well as the block bounded by 4th, Market and Broad.

A development group announced their proposal for a 5-story, 138 unit apartment building at 2nd and Walnut. This is across from the Hunter Museum (on one side) and the Museum Bluffs Condos on the other side. It will become quite a walkable neighborhood very soon with about 400 units around that one square spot (Unum Provident Parking lot).

The city also wants to have the next block over developed as well as the block bounded by 4th, Market and Broad.

I beleive this proposal is for Parcel 9 outlined in the link at the top of this thread. I can't wait to see the entire neighborhood developed. It's going to be awesome.

• 4 years later...

The developer has had a hard time getting funding for this but it is still in the works.

Archived