• Announcements

• Neo

WARNING!   07/26/16

By reading or participating in the Coffee House forum, you are acknowledging that some topics may be highly controversial in nature. While we make every attempt to ensure that no one and no groups are offended as a result of discussions contained within, we unfortunately can make no guarantees. Participate in threads contained within this forum at your own risk.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

turbocraig

UP Ride Share Program

4 posts in this topic

Ok, this thread is an outgrowth of the 'Where do you live/work' discussion. With the ever-increasing costs of fuel, traffic congestion, and CO2 emissions, I thought it'd be a good idea to use the forum as a way to coordinate carpooling options for interested members. I'm happy to be the first to offer. I live downtown (4W) and leave downtown to get to my office in Ballantyne by 930A (this usually involves me leaving home ~850-900A). Conversely, I leave work at 6P (if I'm lucky) for the return home.

My routing is 77/485, so if anyone lives close to me and works off either of those corridors or in the Ballantyne area, let me know if you'd be interested in sharing a ride. I'd prefer to drive because that's just the kind of controlling person I am.

I'M the one driving, remember? Bagels and grande soy no-whip mochas is the price of admission!

If there is going to be complimentary bagels, I will just ride along and I don't even work down there! I can just graze in Earthfare and watch indie movies all day until 6 :lol: I have noticed in other cities that some neigborhoods have created adhoc pick up points for residents interested in carpooling in their communities. Noticed it a lot in DC. Charlotte may not be big enough yet but it sure is coming.