Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

turbocraig

UP Ride Share Program

4 posts in this topic

Ok, this thread is an outgrowth of the 'Where do you live/work' discussion. With the ever-increasing costs of fuel, traffic congestion, and CO2 emissions, I thought it'd be a good idea to use the forum as a way to coordinate carpooling options for interested members. I'm happy to be the first to offer. I live downtown (4W) and leave downtown to get to my office in Ballantyne by 930A (this usually involves me leaving home ~850-900A). Conversely, I leave work at 6P (if I'm lucky) for the return home.

My routing is 77/485, so if anyone lives close to me and works off either of those corridors or in the Ballantyne area, let me know if you'd be interested in sharing a ride. I'd prefer to drive because that's just the kind of controlling person I am.

I'M the one driving, remember? Bagels and grande soy no-whip mochas is the price of admission!

If there is going to be complimentary bagels, I will just ride along and I don't even work down there! I can just graze in Earthfare and watch indie movies all day until 6 :lol: I have noticed in other cities that some neigborhoods have created adhoc pick up points for residents interested in carpooling in their communities. Noticed it a lot in DC. Charlotte may not be big enough yet but it sure is coming.