Do you have a Dog?

I checked around and I was shocked as to how much breeders what for Irish Terrier Puppies (as much as $1000). I mean come-on, I am looking for a pet... not the next winner of the Westminster Dog Show!

Was thinking about this the other day when I dropped my my sis's house. Their puppy is now about 10 months old. Still not completely housebroken, counter trained (grabs unattended food), an obedience school drop-out.

I would hate to have to train a puppy while living in a building with no immediate access to outdoors.

Did I mention that cats come housebroken?

HTH

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I checked around and I was shocked as to how much breeders what for Irish Terrier Puppies (as much as $1000). I mean come-on, I am looking for a pet... not the next winner of the Westminster Dog Show!

If you are not picky about breed, go to the local animal shelter & adopt a doggie!!!!

Did I mention that cats come housebroken?

I am not a fan of Cats. No matter what, dogs are almost always happy, even if you walk out to check the mail, when you get back they act like you have been gone for a month.

Additionally, they can be taken places, socialized, and can be an active member of the family. Where as cats just do their own thing.

I am not a fan of Cats. No matter what, dogs are almost always happy, even if you walk out to check the mail, when you get back they act like you have been gone for a month.

Additionally, they can be taken places, socialized, and can be an active member of the family. Where as cats just do their own thing.

Don't tell my two; they run to greet me at the door, follow me around. If I go sit on the porch out front, the little one gets on the windowsill and talks to/cries at me. Last time I drove to Texas, I took her along. She really enjoyed watching all the bats in Austin at dusk.

When I sit down on the interior couch, whoosh they are on my lap.

I've seen people bring their dogs DT to BotM or Festival. Not good (why subject your animal to hot pavement, crowds, and noise?) and inconvenient for others, who might discover a deposit before you can whip out your plastic to scoop it up.

And that, my dear, is why I prefur cats over dogs anytime!

That said, I did once have a wonderful Rottie. Tough to train, but well worth the effort. She walked smoooth as a limousine. The only downside was not being able to be gone from home more than 8 hours at a stretch.

Give me a litter box any day. (Well, as a figure of speech.)

:)

For all you Dog lovers out there, here is an event for you! It's going to be a dog party:

Blocktail Party in East Hills!

I'm always worried abut bringing my monsters (lol) to something like this. I've socialized them well enough, and they get along with most people, but the other day when I was with my border collie, she was going nuts around people. Totally out of the blue, and unlike her at all.

Now my big wubbable mutt, she didn't have a problem at all :P

I'm always worried abut bringing my monsters (lol) to something like this. I've socialized them well enough, and they get along with most people, but the other day when I was with my border collie, she was going nuts around people. Totally out of the blue, and unlike her at all.

Now my big wubbable mutt, she didn't have a problem at all :P

I'm going to this event and I don't have a dog. They will have dog sitters available on-site.

What an absolute DOLL!!!

How do you like her so far?

BTW, I used to have a Rottweiler. Therefore, I sort of kind of qualify as a (past) dog owner.

What you see above is (was) the World's Ugliest Dog winner. His name was Sam. He was a Chinese Crested.

:)

I love having her home! Not a lot of sleep last night, but it should get better.

You had mentioned you liked dogs in that thread too, I was just kidding around.

Archived