Grand Openings & project Completion Dates

mental757

Maybe it's just my OCD acting up, but I'd like to have this thread be updated (similar to the building height ranking thread) to show when all the numerous 'significant' projects are expected to be completed (even if just proposed - just not a 'rumor'). The ones I know off hand are:

Fidelity renovation (old AMEX): August 2006

GTech Headquarters building: September 2006

Hilton Renovation: September 2006

Providence Renaissance Hotel (Masonic Temple): December 2006

ALCO phase 1 (first 5 buildings - office & retail space): December 2006

Westin II: June 2007

Waterplace: August 2007

Hilton parking garage: December 2007

T. F. Green Airport Terminal Renovations: December 2007

Wickenden St. Comm CTR & Library: December 2007

Dynamo House & Heritage Harbor Museum: October 2008

OneTen Westminster: December 2008

Dunkin Donuts Center renovations: December 2008

ALCO 'final' phases: December 2008

Warwick Intermodal Transportation Center: October 2009

Empire at Broadway: December 2010

still need:

last phases of the Foundry

Federal Hill condos and hotel proposals (that are more than just rumors)

Parcel 12??

etc.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gtech is the end of next month and E@B is the end of 2010. Masonic should be completed this winter. The Hilton renovation should be done for September of this year.

The major project for 06' is really Gtech when they add the 500+ workers to the city soon and we hopefully get a projo article on their response to working in Providence..... that, and the AMEX fidelity deal. The entire block is going to add about 1000 daily workers :)

Waterplace and The Westin II are going to be finished in 07' probably both in early fall.

Cotuit would be the master at doing this though :)

I don't know that it actually deserves a spot on the list, but the AMEX building is already occupied by a handful of fidelity employees and just walking around down there feels a lot different with a tenant that actually cares about the surroundings. I don't know if they are going to have an official opening for their remodel, though. Speaking of which, the place doesn't look too bad now that it's been remodelled.

I don't know that it actually deserves a spot on the list, but the AMEX building is already occupied by a handful of fidelity employees and just walking around down there feels a lot different with a tenant that actually cares about the surroundings. I don't know if they are going to have an official opening for their remodel, though. Speaking of which, the place doesn't look too bad now that it's been remodelled.

Do these people also play Polo?

Mark

[when all the numerous 'significant' projects are expected to be completed]ALCO phase 1 (first 5 buildings - hotel & offices): December 2006

The hotel is new construction, no? Do we even know where in the complex the hotel is to be built?

It has to be 12/2007, 6 months can't possibly be enough time!

The hotel is new construction, no? Do we even know where in the complex the hotel is to be built?

It has to be 12/2007, 6 months can't possibly be enough time!

from the projo:

"The development is nicknamed ALCO, and its insignia was borrowed and updated from American Locomotive Works' letterhead. Struever hopes to complete the first phase of the project, which includes a hotel and office buildings, by the end of the year, and finish the entire project by 2008."

Of course, they could be mistaken...

i think the 110 end date is sometime in the second half of 2008.

OK - I'll roll with Dec 2008 until we have a better idea on the timing...

from the projo:

"The development is nicknamed ALCO, and its insignia was borrowed and updated from American Locomotive Works' letterhead. Struever hopes to complete the first phase of the project, which includes a hotel and office buildings, by the end of the year, and finish the entire project by 2008."

Of course, they could be mistaken...

OK - I'll roll with Dec 2008 until we have a better idea on the timing...

you should check out the development maps... they have all the start and end dates for the projects.

you should check out the development maps... they have all the start and end dates for the projects.

Haha, I did that and totally forgot that I put end dates on a lot of them. Some are a little off target now though.

Maybe it's just my OCD acting up, but I'd like to have this thread be updated (similar to the building height ranking thread) to show when all the numerous 'significant' projects are expected to be completed (even if just proposed - just not a 'rumor'). The ones I know off hand are:

Fidelity renovation (old AMEX): OPEN! 8/2/06

still need:

Parcel 12??

etc.

Fidelity renovation (old AMEX): OPEN! 8/2/06

still need:

Parcel 12??

etc.

are those occupancy dates for the condos (waterplace, westin, 110)?

still need:

Everything proposed on Federal Hill feels like vaportechture at this point, I'll believe them all when I see them.

are those occupancy dates for the condos (waterplace, westin, 110)?

not necessarily - just rough estimates as to when the projects will be done/open for business, etc. If anyone has any more detailed info on area projects, let me know. I like to look at this list (like the building height rank) and get a feel for 'clusters' of things coming on-line.

I'd add the "Miriam Hospital Expansion" for late 2007, and the "Women and Infants Hospital Expansion" for "End of 2009," which is the latest I've heard. In the "still need" category, I'd add the "Wayland Sq Armory Condos." With demolition scheduled to happen this summer, my guess is late '07 to early '08, but we'll see. I haven't heard anything solid.

- Garris

PS: Can someone remind me what the Hilton Garage project is about again?

Everything proposed on Federal Hill feels like vaportechture at this point, I'll believe them all when I see them.

Thats why I'm afraid to put any on the list myself. It's like a big Houdini act over there - now you see it, now you don't...

Sad thing is, there were a few of those projects that would have really enhanced the feel (and height/density) of Atwells - Oh well...

Its sort of rumor at this point (though a solid rumor), but they may be expanding the existing parking garage and building an extended stay hotel on top of it. This replaces the condo proposal. TPG hasn't made any big announcement about it, and their website is vague, but this is the word out there.

- Garris

From the Proc Group website:

"Renovation and conversion of the existing Hotel began in the summer of 2005 and will be completed in the first half of 2006. Construction of the new parking facility is scheduled to commence thereafter and be completed in 18-24 month."

Archived