Brady Bunch House Rendered in CAD

For those of you who are fans of mid century suburban home architecture, here are a set of renderings of the Brady Bunch house done in a CAD system. There is something about these houses that I really like compared to the over the top McMansions that go up in affluent neighborhoods these days.

For those of you who have not been around long, the technicolor panel installed on the wall, was actually an allowance for color television which the networks converted to in the late 60s. :lol:

163337020_17407ab9a0.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you who are fans of mid century suburban home architecture, here are a set of renderings of the Brady Bunch house done in a CAD system. There is something about these houses that I really like compared to the over the top McMansions that go up in affluent neighborhoods these days.

I wonder what we'll say about those McMansions 20 years from now in comparison to what we'll be building then... I remember my parents fussing about the "Brady Bunch" type houses and how poorly they were built compared to the houses they were raised in. I think these opinions are just a cycle.

The renderings are great though.. It brings back memories!!

:D

Man, that is awesome! :lol: And I'm with BarGal... I can just picture them standing on the stairs, smiling.

brady-bunch-1.jpg

That is awesome! I wonder why he hasn't rendered the kitchen yet? They spent much of the show there, with Alice's little hideaway off the back and the first built-in double oven surrounded by brick I had ever seen.

edit: never mind, here is is: http://flickr.com/photos/92084446@N00/166821209/

Some of those comments cracked me up on that flickr site. :lol:

brady-bunch-1.jpg

That is awesome! I wonder why he hasn't rendered the kitchen yet? They spent much of the show there, with Alice's little hideaway off the back and the first built-in double oven surrounded by brick I had ever seen.

edit: never mind, here is is: http://flickr.com/photos/92084446@N00/166821209/

Some of those comments cracked me up on that flickr site. :lol:

DANG IT, you beat me to it!! :wacko:

I had the URL to that image ready to post here, and then I come to this thread and you've already done it.

Oh well, nice job!

DANG IT, you beat me to it!! :wacko:

I had the URL to that image ready to post here, and then I come to this thread and you've already done it.

Oh well, nice job!

:lol: Sorry to steal your thunder SBCmetroguy. I'd like to see a picture of when they were the "Silver Platters" singing group (trying to compete with the Partridge Family). :rofl:

:lol: Sorry to steal your thunder SBCmetroguy. I'd like to see a picture of when they were the "Silver Platters" singing group (trying to compete with the Partridge Family). :rofl:

Eh, you didn't steal my thunder. Someone had to post it, and I actually think it's funny we had the same idea.

And wow, I remember that episode you're talking about. :lol:

Speaking of the Partridge Family, their house was on a very famous street of houses. Their house was the same house as that used by the Kravitz house who was the Stephen's nosey neighbor across the street. (Bewitched if you forgot) The Bewitched house was also used in the Gidget shows and also as Dr. Bellows house in I Dream of Jeannie. Just down this street was Jeannie and Major Nelson's house from the same show their house was also where Father Knows Best's family lived. Their other famous neighbors on this street include Dennis the Menace, Donna Reed and the family from the show Blondie. This street was in real life, West Oak Street in Burbank, California.

I remember being just a young kid and, interested in architecture; often drawing floorplans or renderings of nearly everything I would see on TV, that damn house never made any sense to me. :wacko:

I would try to draw it based on the outside and then reconcile it with the inside shots and there was no way!

And where the heck was the attic?! The Brady Bunch lost its magic to me after that.

I was too caught up in details for my own good even then. :unsure:

Nice Renderings though, I know how long these seemingly simple 3D drawings can take- Makes me want to include some own from my Vectorworks/Renderworks program.

Archived