Verne Barry Place

GRDadof3

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

It's very encouraging to see projects like this. Not from just the standpoint that's quality urban development along the street front, but that all of the great perks of living downtown and enjoying city life can be had by all rungs on the socioeconomic ladder and not just those who can afford luxury living. Mixed incomes are a true sign of the makings of a quality society because the different levels can interact and support one another.

• 1 month later...

In case people don't make it down S. Division very often, here's an update on this project. Despite all the construction on the hill, I believe this is the only true "urban infill" project going on downtown right now (?) I also noticed the other evening that there's a big steel "swoosh" at the Northern end of this project over the entry atrium, but didn't have my camera with me. It also appears that they are putting concrete between the walls for sound absorption.

507642104_eb3d9945c5.jpg

Some interesting curves:

507642112_c198066662.jpg

The renderings featured on the link web page did not show the mural. Unless it's out of view in the renderings, it looks to me like the mural's days are numbered.

Actually, I don't think so now. The second picture on DTS Winkelmann's site shows a courtyard right by that mural:

http://www.dtswinkelmann.com/projects-elem.../vernebarry.htm

Looks like much of the lower floors are parking on the back side.

• 2 months later...

I was actually going to call it cinder block, but I thought I'd be nice. ;)

Joe

Try clicking on it to get the larger image (it might just be the pixels meshing together in the smaller version)

I actually don't think it's brick. I believe it's tile. Or it was concrete panels with tile embedded in them.

• 11 months later...

Archived