Starbucks in NWA

mcheiss

Does anyone know if the Starbucks in Fayetteville opened? The website took the coming soon title off of it.

Also, Starbucks added the Shopps at Pinnacle Hills and Pleasant Grove Road Location to their website.

All Starbucks Locations in NWA:

Bentonville (71-B and 14th Street)

Fayetteville (College Ave. and Joyce Street)

Rogers (Off Walnut)

Rogers (Pinnacle Hills Parkway & Northgate)

Rogers (I-540 & Pleasant Grove Road)

Rogers (Pinnacle Hills Promenade)

I think it's pretty insane that two starbucks are going to be less than a mile away in Rogers. :huh:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if the Starbucks in Fayetteville opened? The website took the coming soon title off of it.

Also, Starbucks added the Shopps at Pinnacle Hills and Pleasant Grove Road Location to their website.

Rogers (Off Walnut)

I think it's pretty insane that two starbucks are going to be less than a mile away in Rogers. :huh:

4 in rogers???

What. the. hell.

1 for every ~11,000 people.

Rogers (Off Walnut)

Yeah the one in Fayetteville has been open about a week or so. I think I posted that info over in the restaurant topic. Not really a restaurant but close enough. I'm a little surprised that they aren't planning aat least another for Fayetteville. But I think there are already some well established coffeeshops already. But I guess NWA is going to see what Starbucks is known for doing in many other parts of the country. Really saturating areas with locations.

Yeah the one in Fayetteville has been open about a week or so. I think I posted that info over in the restaurant topic. Not really a restaurant but close enough. I'm a little surprised that they aren't planning aat least another for Fayetteville. But I think there are already some well established coffeeshops already. But I guess NWA is going to see what Starbucks is known for doing in many other parts of the country. Really saturating areas with locations.

I'm almost positive I heard some news that Starbucks was building a location near the University.

Rogers (Off Walnut)

Believe it or not, they'll both be successful. In Bossier City, there is a Starbucks drive-thru just down the block from a kiosk store inside an Albertson's. In Shreveport there is a Starbucks inside SuperTarget, then one directly across the street, and one across the other street at the intersection as a kiosk inside a Barnes & Noble. That's 3 Starbucks locations virtually on 3 of 4 corners in that intersection.

In downtown Houston there are two Starbucks at the same exact address, but in two different zip codes. :D Look it up, I swear it's true. Here it is, cut-and-pasted from their website:

8. McKinney & San Jacinto

1200 McKinney

Houston TX, 77002

United States

9. Houston Center

1200 McKinney

Houston TX, 77010

United States

Starbucks' national expansion has been phenomenal.

Does anyone know if Starbucks is going to open a store in the Shopping Center in front of Har-Ber Meadows in Springdale???

I haven't heard anything, but that is certainly a good location. A University Location would be good aswell, with a third in Fayetteville somewhere near the Interstate.

Starbuck's has a policy of not locating adjacent to established coffeeshops which is apparently why there are multiple locations in suburban West LR but none in the River Market or Hillcrest (though there is one in the Heights a couple of blocks from Satellite Cafe). That might explain why you have disproportionately more in Rogers vs Fayetteville, where there are more native coffeehouses.

That might explain why you have disproportionately more in Rogers vs Fayetteville, where there are more native coffeehouses.

Fayetteville has around 5 Arsaga's Coffeeshops, so that could explain the lack of Starbucks in Fayetteville. Still, there's places near the Interstate and the University that could use Starbucks's.

Hopefully Starbucks will stay out of Downtown Rogers where Iron Horse Coffee Company is established. Iron Horse is much nicer than any Starbucks and really fits well with the whole Mainstreet Rogers theme, whereas Starbucks is just another fast-coffee chain.

Hopefully Starbucks will stay out of Downtown Rogers where Iron Horse Coffee Company is established. Iron Horse is much nicer than any Starbucks and really fits well with the whole Mainstreet Rogers theme, whereas Starbucks is just another fast-coffee chain.

More than likely they won't go near Downtown Rogers, since it already has Iron Horse and Switchback Cafe.

Starbuck's has a policy of not locating adjacent to established coffeeshops which is apparently why there are multiple locations in suburban West LR but none in the River Market or Hillcrest (though there is one in the Heights a couple of blocks from Satellite Cafe). That might explain why you have disproportionately more in Rogers vs Fayetteville, where there are more native coffeehouses.

I suppose they're afraid of looking bad if a local place beats them out for market share?

I suppose they're afraid of looking bad if a local place beats them out for market share?

That, maybe, but also it wouldn't be prudent to invest in a store in a market that's already saturated....especially when you can move West a few miles and get a market for yourself (as in LR).

Does anyone know if Starbucks is going to open a store in the Shopping Center in front of Har-Ber Meadows in Springdale???

I hadn't realized it, but I haven't heard any news of Starbucks going to Springdale yet.

Fayetteville has around 5 Arsaga's Coffeeshops, so that could explain the lack of Starbucks in Fayetteville. Still, there's places near the Interstate and the University that could use Starbucks's.

Yeah and there are other local coffeeshops in Fayetteville other than Arsaga's as well. Although I'm not sure if any of the others have more than one location.

Just noticed they are opening a new Starbuck's at Midtowne Centre. They opened one in the Heights on Kavanaugh and another on Hwy 10 west of I-430 making 3 new stores opening in roughly 4-5 mos. Starbucks's IS taking over the world.

I take it your talking about the Little Rock Market. From their website, all together there will be 8 in the Little Rock Area, 1 in Hot Springs, 1 in Jonesboro, 3 in Conway, 1 in Fort Smith, and 6 in NWA.

Yeah they've already pushed into and saturated every other state. So guess they decided to finally move into Arkansas now.

I know I posted this once before but it was only about 5 years ago Starbuck's responded to a LR reporter by saying they had no even long-range plans to expand to Arkansas outside of the locations in Barnes and Noble. They said Little Rock didn't meet their demographic criteria and there was no other worthwhile market in AR. Now they're even in smaller cities like Texarkana and Conway. Funny how that attitude turned around. Of course Dumas and Mountain View will have Starbuck's at this rate.

I know I posted this once before but it was only about 5 years ago Starbuck's responded to a LR reporter by saying they had no even long-range plans to expand to Arkansas outside of the locations in Barnes and Noble. They said Little Rock didn't meet their demographic criteria and there was no other worthwhile market in AR. Now they're even in smaller cities like Texarkana and Conway. Funny how that attitude turned around. Of course Dumas and Mountain View will have Starbuck's at this rate.

I think Van Buren, Springdale, Centerton, Bryant, Benton, and Jacksonville could all end up having Starbucks within the next 5 years.

I think Van Buren, Springdale, Centerton, Bryant, Benton, and Jacksonville could all end up having Starbucks within the next 5 years.

It's been 8 years since the Simpson's episode that made fun of how Starbucks were sprouting up everywhere. Bart goes to the mall to get his ear pierced and the guy there says he better hurry up because in 5 minutes the store will become a Starbucks. After coming out more stores are a Starbuck's than before and the one he was in turns into one. It's called "Simpson's Tide" and I think it is in Season 9.

It's been 8 years since the Simpson's episode that made fun of how Starbucks were sprouting up everywhere. Bart goes to the mall to get his ear pierced and the guy there says he better hurry up because in 5 minutes the store will become a Starbucks. After coming out more stores are a Starbuck's than before and the one he was in turns into one. It's called "Simpson's Tide" and I think it is in Season 9.

The second Austin Powers movie had a nice dig on Starbucks, too. That was quite a prophesy - at this rate they'll outnumber McDonald's before long.

I remember that episode. After he gets his ear pierced, every store in the mall is a Starbucks.

In downtown Houston there are two Starbucks at the same exact address, but in two different zip codes. :D Look it up, I swear it's true. Here it is, cut-and-pasted from their website:

At the corner of West Gray and North Shepherd in Houston, there are two stand-alone Starbucks directly across the street from each other. Strangely, the one on the north side of Gray has a mostly white exterior while the other on the south side is black (maybe to signify "Gray"?). The "white" one also had a drive-thru while the other did not.

I used to live near here and would often hang out at the "black" one, often studying. Maybe just because it meant crossing an additional street, but I never once set foot in the other.

Louis Black has a semi-famous routine about this, as a major comedy club is basically next door and he probably happened upon it once while performing there. He refers to it as the end of the universe.

Archived