Starbucks in NWA

mcheiss

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks like another possible Starbucks location may be coming to Fayetteville. The Times says that the old Long John Silvers building on the corner of Sycamore and College could become one. I would expect to see more location announcements soon. Possibly around the university and 6th street area, the West wedington area, or Crossover/Mission intersection. Hey we have to try and catch up with Rogers...

It's nice to see Starbucks finally coming to NWA. Just when I leave too. I always had to get my fix at Barns&Noble. But, I kind of like the book store setting.

Anyway, they should really put one by the university. I would have been there all the time during my college years.

It looks like another possible Starbucks location may be coming to Fayetteville. The Times says that the old Long John Silvers building on the corner of Sycamore and College could become one. I would expect to see more location announcements soon. Possibly around the university and 6th street area, the West wedington area, or Crossover/Mission intersection. Hey we have to try and catch up with Rogers...

I've heard rumors of one coming to 6th street.

Personally I think Fayetteville could support one near 6th Street, and then possibly one near Wedington.

Well there's rumors of on on the corner of Sycamore and College now. Apparently some coffeeshop is going into the old Long John Silvers location. So far all of the locals are denying that it's them. So it sounds like good chance it will be Starbucks. I'm just glad to see something go in there. To be honest I'm a bit surprised that it's sat empty this long. I know College isn't the hot spot compared to Dickson or Joyce, but I still was surprised to see it empty that long. As far as locations near the campus, yeah you'd think that would be an obvious good spot. Are there any close to campus? I know the university is possibly working out a deal with a local guy that I sometimes deal with at work. He's ready to do it but the university seems to keep putting it off. It would be over there by the law building if the university ever decides to do it.

As far as locations near the campus, yeah you'd think that would be an obvious good spot. Are there any close to campus?

There are a few RZ's Coffee Houses on campus. One in the union and the other is in an older building closer to Old Main.

I believe RZ's is owned by Chartwells (who handles campus dining).

A great spot would be the location where there used to be a daycare (I think) on razorback road. It is very close to the track, closer to the softball field. I used to live in the apartments close to it. I always wished there was a starbucks there. I think their planning some upscale development very close to it also.

There are a few RZ's Coffee Houses on campus. One in the union and the other is in an older building closer to Old Main.

I believe RZ's is owned by Chartwells (who handles campus dining).

A great spot would be the location where there used to be a daycare (I think) on razorback road. It is very close to the track, closer to the softball field. I used to live in the apartments close to it. I always wished there was a starbucks there. I think their planning some upscale development very close to it also.

I don't think the daycare is there anymore. The upscale development has also been pulled. The developers sold the land to the university instead. The university seems to be try to control as much as they can along Razorback. Not sure if there's going to be much option there. Dickson, 6th or maybe North might be the closest you get to the campus and have something like a Starbucks. Is RZ's very good? If they end up letting Paul Roth do a coffeeshop there by the law building I think that would be pretty good. He supplies coffee to most of the nicer restaurants in NWA.

It's still not official but KNWA is also mentioning that the former Long John Silvers will possibly be a Starbucks. With Starbucks moving in the way it is I wonder what effect it's going to have on the local coffeeshops like Arsaga's. Although they have muliple locations and can probably better absorb a hit. The smaller ones with only one location might have a hard time, especially is one moves in rather close to it.

It's still not official but KNWA is also mentioning that the former Long John Silvers will possibly be a Starbucks. With Starbucks moving in the way it is I wonder what effect it's going to have on the local coffeeshops like Arsaga's. Although they have muliple locations and can probably better absorb a hit. The smaller ones with only one location might have a hard time, especially is one moves in rather close to it.

That was in the Times today as well.

Arsaga's has a cult following which hates Starbucks. With all the anti main stream attitudes in Fayetteville, I doubt Arsagas is going to have a hard time competing with Starbucks.

That was in the Times today as well.

Arsaga's has a cult following which hates Starbucks. With all the anti main stream attitudes in Fayetteville, I doubt Arsagas is going to have a hard time competing with Starbucks.

Yeah as far as Fayetteville is concerned there does seem to be two camps. One who prefers Arsaga's and the other local places and the ones who will go to Starbucks instead. But yeah I've talked some Arsaga's fans who act as if they'll never even step foot in a Starbucks.

There are plans to have about 20 Starbucks locations from Fayetteville to Bella Vista within the next 18 months. Some planned locations are:

1. College and Sycamore (Fayetteville)

2. New Hope Rd. at entrance to Home Depot (Rogers)

3. Pinnacle Hills Promenade (center courtyard)

4. Lowell Exit (next to new Arby's in strip mall)

5. Walton Blvd. next to La Quinta Inn and Suites (Bentonville)

6. Hwy. 102/NWACC area (Bentonville)

7. Bella Vista/north Bentonville area

8. Harber Meadows area (Springdale)

In addition to the current locations of:

1. Walton Blvd. (Bentonville)

2. Nelson's Crossing (Fayetteville)

3. Tuscany Square (Rogers)

4. Shoppes at Pinnacle Hills (Rogers)

That makes 12, and the other locations are yet to be specified.

This is big news for NWA.

There are plans to have about 20 Starbucks locations from Fayetteville to Bella Vista within the next 18 months. Some planned locations are:

1. College and Sycamore (Fayetteville)

2. New Hope Rd. at entrance to Home Depot (Rogers)

3. Pinnacle Hills Promenade (center courtyard)

4. Lowell Exit (next to new Arby's in strip mall)

5. Walton Blvd. next to La Quinta Inn and Suites (Bentonville)

6. Hwy. 102/NWACC area (Bentonville)

7. Bella Vista/north Bentonville area

8. Harber Meadows area (Springdale)

Where did you hear about this?

Archived