Starbucks in NWA

mcheiss

There are plans to have about 20 Starbucks locations from Fayetteville to Bella Vista within the next 18 months. Some planned locations are:

1. College and Sycamore (Fayetteville)

2. New Hope Rd. at entrance to Home Depot (Rogers)

3. Pinnacle Hills Promenade (center courtyard)

4. Lowell Exit (next to new Arby's in strip mall)

5. Walton Blvd. next to La Quinta Inn and Suites (Bentonville)

6. Hwy. 102/NWACC area (Bentonville)

7. Bella Vista/north Bentonville area

8. Harber Meadows area (Springdale)

In addition to the current locations of:

1. Walton Blvd. (Bentonville)

2. Nelson's Crossing (Fayetteville)

3. Tuscany Square (Rogers)

4. Shoppes at Pinnacle Hills (Rogers)

That makes 12, and the other locations are yet to be specified.

This is big news for NWA.

Don't forget about the one in Rogers off of Walnut.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya know all this talk about Starbucks has me in the mood for a nice cup o' java from Iron Horse Coffee Company in Rogers. :D

Cool, nice to see someone still interested in some of the local coffeeshops. :D

There are plans to have about 20 Starbucks locations from Fayetteville to Bella Vista within the next 18 months. Some planned locations are:

Are all of those definant, or are some of those still have details to work out?

Cool, nice to see someone still interested in some of the local coffeeshops. :D

Truthfully I don't drink coffee, but I love a good italian soda or a cappucino. I used to hang out with some friends at Iron Horse in Rogers playing Magic. They have a cozy loft in back with sofas and large gaming tables and the walls are lined with books for anyone intersted in a good read with their coffee. The tables have checkers games on them and there's an internet ready computer for customer use. It's a bit small but cozy for around 30-40 people. I drive by a Starbucks and it seems about as inviting as a Taco Bell on a full stomach.

Truthfully I don't drink coffee, but I love a good italian soda or a cappucino. I used to hang out with some friends at Iron Horse in Rogers playing Magic. They have a cozy loft in back with sofas and large gaming tables and the walls are lined with books for anyone intersted in a good read with their coffee. The tables have checkers games on them and there's an internet ready computer for customer use. It's a bit small but cozy for around 30-40 people. I drive by a Starbucks and it seems about as inviting as a Taco Bell on a full stomach.

I consider cappuccino as coffee drink. Italian sodas are really nice too. :D

So there's only 5 starbucks in all of NWA? Maybe I'm worng but I thought there were more.

Well not too long ago there was none. Arkansas was one of the last if not the last state for Starbucks to go into. But there's more on the way it sounds like.

• 3 weeks later...

Starbucks has added the 6th NWA store to their website.

The location at the Promenade Mall will be a full scale Starbucks of at least 1,500 feet.

1. 102 & Walton Blvd. (Bentonville)

2. Joyce & College - Nelson's Crossing (Fayetteville)

3. Pleasant Grove Road - Tuscany Square (Rogers)

4. Pinnacle Hills Blvd (Rogers)

5. Walnut & 47th Street (Rogers)

6. Pinnacle Promenade Mall (Rogers)

Plus, there's a whole bunch of unconfirmed Starbucks Locations.

7. College and Sycamore (Fayetteville)

8. New Hope Rd. at entrance to Home Depot (Rogers)

9. Lowell Exit (next to new Arby's in strip mall) (Lowell)

10. Walton Blvd. next to La Quinta Inn and Suites (Bentonville)

11. Hwy. 102/NWACC area (Bentonville)

12. Bella Vista/north Bentonville area

13. Harber Meadows area (Springdale)

Well not too long ago there was none. Arkansas was one of the last if not the last state for Starbucks to go into. But there's more on the way it sounds like.

Arkansas and Louisiana are always down near the bottom of the list. I'd assume the New Orleans area had Starbucks before the rest of the state, but who knows.

We have 5 stores with a 6th planned less than 2 miles down the road from one that opened last year. I see you guys have 6 now, and probably quite a few more to come.

I like Starbucks... it's a cool chain, and it's not limited to just coffee. And the atmosphere is relaxing so you can kick back with a book, newspaper, or work while you enjoy your coffee.

Arkansas and Louisiana are always down near the bottom of the list. I'd assume the New Orleans area had Starbucks before the rest of the state, but who knows.

We have 5 stores with a 6th planned less than 2 miles down the road from one that opened last year. I see you guys have 6 now, and probably quite a few more to come.

I like Starbucks... it's a cool chain, and it's not limited to just coffee. And the atmosphere is relaxing so you can kick back with a book, newspaper, or work while you enjoy your coffee.

It's okay, not my favorite coffee in the world. I think I like some of our local coffeeshops better.

• 3 weeks later...

Curiosity has come over me cswoot, how did you find out about these locations?

mcheiss, I just saw this question. I got the information from a person associated with Starbucks in NWA. It is a solid source, but not always very detailed with the timeline. I do know the Bentonville location on S. Walton next to La Quinta went before the Planning Commission tonight for a lot split.

The New Hope Rd. Home Depot outlot should get underway soon.

The next opening now is the cafe style location in Lowell. It think it is set for early November.

Here's a list of confirmed and opened Starbucks's in NWA:

1. Bentonville (71-B and 14th Street) - Open

2. Fayetteville (College Ave. and Joyce Street) - Open

3. Rogers (Walnut & 47th Street) - Open

4. Rogers (Pinnacle Hills Parkway & Northgate) - Open

5. Rogers (I-540 & Pleasant Grove Road) - Open

6. Rogers (Pinnacle Hills Promenade) - Open

7. Bentonville (Walton Blvd next to LaQuinta Suites) - Approved

And the list provided by cswoot for future Starbucks Locations:

College and Sycamore (Fayetteville)

8. Rogers (New Hope Rd. at entrance to Home Depot)

9. Lowell (Off 264, next to new Arby's in strip mall)

10. Bentonville (Hwy. 102/NWACC area)

11. Bella Vista/north Bentonville area

12. Springdale (Harber Meadows area/ Shopps at Har-Ber Lakes)

13. Fayetteville (College & Sycamore)

Thanks. I believe each and every one of those lots deserves a Starbucks and would be perfect for one. I'd still like to see more in Washington County though.

I could be wrong but I think we have more local coffeeshops down here. Maybe that could be why Starbucks is also focusing more on Benton County.

I could be wrong but I think we have more local coffeeshops down here. Maybe that could be why Starbucks is also focusing more on Benton County.

Yeah, I would agree with that too. There are at least 3 or 4 Arsegas, Common Grounds, as well as 1/2 dozen other places scattered around. Although I think that I would be putting a Starbacks in the Student Union or at least nearby the university and offer free wireless internet.

That's true. Between Bentonville and Rogers there's only about a dozen local coffee shops, plus those drive-thru stands. So even though I prefer the local coffee shops, having a bunch of Starbucks will at least make life less miserable for all the business travellers up here.

The only coffee shops I can think of in Benton County are:

In Bentonville:

Kennedy's Coffee Roasting Co.

Caffinity Drive-Thru Coffee Shop

Caffinity II Drive-Thru Coffee Shop

Coffee Corner

Cool Beans Coffee Shop @ The Clarion

Express Coffee House

House of Brews

Java Junction

R & J Coffee Shop

In Rogers:

Iron Horse Coffee Company

Switchback Cafe

I don't have any problem with there being Starbucks here. But at the same time to be honest I think I'd still prefer the locals and I don't want a dozen Starbucks here in Fayetteville trying to run all the locals out of business. Just a few locations is more than enough for me.

I took some pictures of a potential site for the J Street Starbucks in Bentonville. I checked in front of the La Quinta, there wasn't any room for a Starbucks, since Zaxby's is in front of it. I'm not sure if this is the site, but it's right next to Myer's Ranch off J Street/Dodson Road. Here's some pictures.

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

Archived