The Banking Industry in the Triad

cityboi

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

OK, so what's the deal with the NewBridge bank HQ's? I certainly hope they went back to the drawing board on that God-forsaken design. I'd much prefer to see something like this (SC Bank and Trust HQ building, downtown Columbia):

Carolina016.jpg

(Photo courtesy of forumer Firefox)

• 2 months later...

Just found this link today. It's the revised update of the Carolina bank headquaters.

http://littleurbanity.blogspot.com/2007/07...-update-ii.html

Although in my opinion, it still does not meet the urban fabric and is very stripmallish. They say it is more expandable as the bank grows but I would have perfered an 8 to 15 story tower with parking garage and plaza. Very doable in the space they have. Tell me what you think?

I agree. The renderings are useless. I can make no conclusion on the design on this building simply looking at a drawing of the roof, parking lot, and green paint.

The SC Bank and Trust HQ building, in my opinion, resembles a building I would see out on New Garden Road or on any college campus undergoing new construction. It's not unique and is very suburban. Sure it's a pretty building, but even with buildings that aren't massive, I wish developers would think outside of the box.

I can't really tell anything just by the site plan; I need renderings. I do like that parking is behind the building though.

I'm confused, are people saying they don't like the building based on the landscaping? Or are people saying they don't like the look of the building?

I'm not sure one could accurately comment of the facade and appearance of the building based on the landscape renderings. Maybe some elevation drawings would give us a better insight into the final look of the building. All this landscape drawings is for is to show the city there will be appropriate greenspace and trees and not just an asphalt parking lot.

The rendering of the building is up at the sight. You can find it at the West Market entrance of the plan site. The building is still a piece of crap and I am very dissappointed in Carolina bank not thinking about a tower with a plaza and underground parkking. But, what do I know. If I can I will get a picture of the rendering and post it.

The SC Bank and Trust HQ building, in my opinion, resembles a building I would see out on New Garden Road or on any college campus undergoing new construction. It's not unique and is very suburban. Sure it's a pretty building, but even with buildings that aren't massive, I wish developers would think outside of the box.

The rendering of the building is up at the sight. You can find it at the West Market entrance of the plan site. The building is still a piece of crap and I am very dissappointed in Carolina bank not thinking about a tower with a plaza and underground parkking. But, what do I know. If I can I will get a picture of the rendering and post it.

I'm confused, are people saying they don't like the building based on the landscaping? Or are people saying they don't like the look of the building?

I'm not sure one could accurately comment of the facade and appearance of the building based on the landscape renderings. Maybe some elevation drawings would give us a better insight into the final look of the building. All this landscape drawings is for is to show the city there will be appropriate greenspace and trees and not just an asphalt parking lot.

• 5 months later...

I live across the street from the Carolina Bank HQ. It is going up fast! Indeed not the most impressive building. However, when all is done, I think it will be a nice addition to DT Greensboro and it will bring nearly 50 jobs to DT. Given the current economic slow down, I'm happy to see any construction across the Triad!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived