Murrow Station Developoment (Greensboro)

cityboi

I think a four story height cap is best for the area. You must remember that this land is right across from the Aycock neighborhood which is made up almost entirely of single family homes. I'm a little concerned about how this is going to be developed, though, as the only urban project Kavanaugh Homes has built (to my knowledge) are some townhomes on Bellemeade St. near First Horizon Park.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in order for their to be a smooth transition, I think the development should architecturally compliment Aycock and ak as sort of a bridge between Aycock and the inner core of downtown. I also think Summit Ave should receive the same streetscape improvements that East Market Street is getting with the brick style crosswalks and decorative street and traffic llights.

A best case scenerio would involve them finally doing away with that cloverleaf at Murrow and Summit and reconnecting the area with Aycock.

I really hope the style of development here is in a similar style to Southside; I really don't want a bunch of those EIFS covered buildings with parking on the first floor that seem to be the fad right now.

Greensboro you guys our going to be getting some BIG NEWS! tomorrow, please don't throw eggs at me because I took and oath not to reveal any big details but I can tell you that something HUGE is in the works for your Downtown area! I have a buddy that gave some details, but made me swear not to say anything sense this Developer is still working out alot of complex details about this MASSIVE project that might be coming to your Downtown, check your newspaper tomorrow that's all I can say. :yahoo:

you just dont know how giddy I am right now. I feel like im on a high!!!! Well it sounds like a BIG highrise project to me! could this be something 25-stories plus? 35-stories plus?:):):) I do know its a residential proposal because you posted it here. maybe its a residential proposal with a multiplex theater or something

Greensboro you guys our going to be getting some BIG NEWS! tomorrow, please don't throw eggs at me because I took and oath not to reveal any big details but I can tell you that something HUGE is in the works for your Downtown area! I have a buddy that gave some details, but made me swear not to say anything sense this Developer is still working out alot of complex details about this MASSIVE project that might be coming to your Downtown, check your newspaper tomorrow that's all I can say. :yahoo:

OK, we need to make sure that we aren't discussing more than one project in one thread, especially when they don't have names so as to avoid confusion. Does the project that forms the basis of this thread have a name? If so, I can change the title to reflect that.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are more details about the Murrow Station Development in Norteast corner of downtown Greensboro.

"Murrow Station", which will include housing,offices and retail.

The schematic site plan includes 75 three story townhouses for sale and 72 apartment units (in 3-story buildings of 24 each). A mixed use 4-story building is indicated at the southeast portion of the property with a first level of office/commercial (19,000 square feet) and 3 levels of residential condominiums. Additionally, a 4-story building at the northeast portion of the property would contain 3 levels of condominiums (27 units) over a parking garage. This development will also include a centrally located pool and clubhouse. Renderings have been complete but not released to the public yet....from what I heard from people who have seen the renderings, its a VERY nice development. Some of the commerical space will either be a pharmacy or a bank.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are the Renderings for the $42 million Murrow (Edward R Murrow) Station development in downtown Greensboro. The development will include a bank and a pharamacy. The development will have 132 condos and townhomes and is nestled in the northeast corner of downtown very close to one of the sites considered for the $200 million secret mega development which itself could include 250 luxury condos and apartments. Im just excited by all the residential projects going up downtown!

murrow1.jpg

murrow2.jpg

murrow3.jpg

Archived