North Carolina Congressional Delegation

intcvlcphlga

The only thing worse than President Bush's job approval rating is Congress's. This year, neither Senator Dole nor Burr is up for re-election, but all 13 members of the NC delegation to the House of Representatives are up for re-election. Do you approve or disapprove of the job of the 7 Republicans and 6 Democrats in the House? If so, why/why not?

The current delegation is:

Dist 1 G.K. Butterfield (D)

Dist 2 Bob Etheridge (D)

Dist 3 Walter Jones

Dist 4 David Price (D)

Dist 5 Virginia Foxx

Dist 6 Howard Coble

Dist 7 Mike McIntyre (D)

Dist 8 Robin Hayes

Dist 9 Sue Myrick

Dist 10 Patrick McHenry

Dist 11 Charles Taylor

Dist 12 Melvin Watt (D)

Dist 13 Brad Miller (D)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My home district is represented by Virginia Foxx who I tend to disagree with on just about every issue. She voted against Katrina relief (one of just a few in the 435 person body), voted against federal funding for stem cell research, voted to extend Bush's tax cuts for the wealthy, votes with the NRA, voted for the flag-burning amendment (which would put us in the company of a few countries with such a law including Iran), etc. Winston-Salem mayor, Allen Joines, considered running against her, but has decided to stay in City Hall at which point the DNC effectively conceded the election to her. Does she really speak for the 5th District (I really don't think she does anything for her Winston-Salem constituents)? Does anyone have their eyes open?

My home district is represented by Virginia Foxx who I tend to disagree with on just about every issue. She voted against Katrina relief (one of just a few in the 435 person body), voted against federal funding for stem cell research, voted to extend Bush's tax cuts for the wealthy, votes with the NRA, voted for the flag-burning amendment (which would put us in the company of a few countries with such a law including Iran), etc. Winston-Salem mayor, Allen Joines, considered running against her, but has decided to stay in City Hall at which point the DNC effectively conceded the election to her. Does she really speak for the 5th District (I really don't think she does anything for her Winston-Salem constituents)? Does anyone have their eyes open?

I really detest Foxx and hope she can get ousted in the next election as well! She doesn't speak for me at all!! I wish Joines would run, but we'd probably vote some looney into office in W-S again. Anyone remember Cavanaugh??? :shok:

The only thing worse than President Bush's job approval rating is Congress's. This year, neither Senator Dole nor Burr is up for re-election, but all 13 members of the NC delegation to the House of Representatives are up for re-election. Do you approve or disapprove of the job of the 7 Republicans and 6 Democrats in the House? If so, why/why not?

The current delegation is:

Dist 1 G.K. Butterfield (D)

Dist 2 Bob Etheridge (D)

Dist 3 Walter Jones

How has Howard Coble been? He's been there for 22 years and you never hear anything about him - does that make him good for Greensboro? Richard Burr served Winston-Salem for about 10 years and he was ranked somewhere in the 400+ range in how well he served his home district. Why isn't there more debate and critical analysis of our representatives? We have had out of control spending for the last 6 years, attempts to write discrimination into the Constitution, a war with no plan, an energy bill for energy companies, a prescription health care bill for the pharmaceutical industry, poverty is on the rise, public education continues to get worse, etc. Do NC's representatives deserve any of the blame?

How has Howard Coble been? He's been there for 22 years and you never hear anything about him - does that make him good for Greensboro? Richard Burr served Winston-Salem for about 10 years and he was ranked somewhere in the 400+ range in how well he served his home district. Why isn't there more debate and critical analysis of our representatives? We have had out of control spending for the last 6 years, attempts to write discrimination into the Constitution, a war with no plan, an energy bill for energy companies, a prescription health care bill for the pharmaceutical industry, poverty is on the rise, public education continues to get worse, etc. Do NC's representatives deserve any of the blame?

As far as politicians go, I trust Howard Coble. I may not agree with everything his has done in his 22 years, but I do believe that he has the "peoples" interest in mind when he votes. I also believe that he puts forth the effort to be knowledgable of the issue at hand before making a decision on how to vote.

I wish that we as voters would stop voting in politicians just beacuse of their party affilation, and vote for the person that we think can do the best job.

First we have to divvy up this two-party system. The parties are self-serving, and self-sustaining. That's a huge uphill battle. Then we have to end corporate lobbying, bribing, and private campaign financing. That will be an uphill battle.

Then of course there's the electoral college, which definitely has to go.

Then we might start to have a semblance of an accoutible, representative government.

Archived