New SouthWood "flagpole"

insituphoto

Anyone in or around the Capital Circle Office Complex / Southwood area should have noticed the recent of a nice, new, tall, white flagpole with Ole Glory hosited up last week. Awww, how patriotic, right? Well, look closer... pretty thick pole for that flag? Yeah... look even closer... thick black wires and concrete shed adjacent... hmmmm???

It's a cell phone tower!! ... disguised as a flagpole!

I'll bring my camera next week and get some pics of it for you.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've also seen the construction of the new cell site tower disguised as a flag pole at the CCOC. It's a new site for Verizon Wireless. Last years active hurricane season and heavy cell phone usage at the Emergency Operations Center instigated the construction of this new site. It would be great if you could get a nice photo to share. I haven't been by at night yet to see but hopefully they have it lit up now that they've raised the flag on it. Alltel, Cingular & Nextel have all recently upgraded their channel capacity & coverage in this particular area as well.

I've also seen the construction of the new cell site tower disguised as a flag pole at the CCOC. It's a new site for Verizon Wireless. Last years active hurricane season and heavy cell phone usage at the Emergency Operations Center instigated the construction of this new site. It would be great if you could get a nice photo to share. I haven't been by at night yet to see but hopefully they have it lit up now that they've raised the flag on it. Alltel, Cingular & Nextel have all recently upgraded their channel capacity & coverage in this particular area as well.

pimp post pix.

After looking at that flag pole in person, I would say it is the most out of proportion flag pole I can remember seeing. However, it is much better than a regular cell tower would be right there.

I think they should switch the flag with the one on the Wakulla Bank pole on Blairstone/Esplanade which is way too big for the pole it is on.

Is it possible that my reception with Tmobile got worse after this tower went up? My phone says now that I am roaming on Cingular when I am at home...weird.

• 6 months later...

Archived