AETNA to bring jobs back to Hartford

ctman987

AETNA has announced it will be moving 3600 jobs from Middletown to Hartford which was partially made possible because ING is vacating their Flower Street building. This will bring about 6400 people from AETNA working in Hartford as opposed to the current 2800. Although these jobs already existed it is great jobs are moving into the capital city and not into it;s suburbs.

This is another great piece of news that comes just days after St. Paul Travelers news of adding 600 jobs to CT (500 in Hartford)

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-aetna07...-headlines-home

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like their keeping 200 IT computer jobs at the facility.

Where was Aetna in Middletown? Was it an office park? If so, I'd be happy to see it go. If it's in downtown Middletown, then I'd like to see it saved.

Where was Aetna in Middletown? Was it an office park? If so, I'd be happy to see it go. If it's in downtown Middletown, then I'd like to see it saved.

Aetna's Middletown facility is located in the extreme northwest part of of town. Nowhere near downtown. It's not really an office park, it's just one huge building on a hill that Aetna occupies. It's located in between Middle Street and Industrial Park Road, near the Cromwell town line.

• 3 months later...

Archived