Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doormanpoet

Parkway Towers

12 posts in this topic

Parkway Towers the odd if not dated looking 262 foot 21 story tower built in 1968 on 5th and James Robertson Parkway is getting a new facade and paint job. Watch for the Nashville City Paper article soon, as William will contact the construstion Company to get details.

Parkway Towers the odd if not dated looking 262 foot 21 story tower built in 1968 on 5th and James Robertson Parkway is getting a new facade and paint job. Watch for the Nashville City Paper article soon, as William will contact the construstion Company to get details.

Long overdue. I'm happy to hear this news and I hope it is a dramatic improvement. By the way, Doorman, it's good to have you back posting on the forum. We missed you.

If this is the one I think it it ... praise Jesus !

Ditto! :D Great News!

Might I request a picture (pre-renovation) for those of us that are a little in the fuzzy sphere on which building we are talking about?

Recently, I've thought of P Towers (why do they call it Towers since there's only one, anyway?) as a distraction to the great street work Public Works has done of Jas. Robertson. The Birch, the renovated courthouse, the Plaza, the Stahlman are all within eyeshot as one drives or walks around this area. The tower has in my mind always marked the right border of the downtown cluster. It's rather folorn and ugly at the moment, so this is good news indeed.

Now if the Publishing Board across the street (at 4th and Charlotte) will tidy up that beautiful beaux arts building they occupy and get rid of the weenie little building in front of it, we'd be in good shape. With the transit station in the next level of vision, it too will look a bit unkempt. James Robertson Parkway could use a bit of polish nowadays too.

frankliner, I'm sure there's a picture in one of our collections. I'll look around and see. I'm sure you'll know it immediately when you see it. If it were an outfit, I'd describe it as brown pants and blue and white vertical striped shirt, asphalt shoes. Very wrong. lol.

Might I request a picture (pre-renovation) for those of us that are a little in the fuzzy sphere on which building we are talking about?

Here you go: http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=123012

I'd have to add that it's probably the only highrise downtown I wouldn't shed too many tears over if it were demolished (as long as a taller and more distinguished tower rose in its place).

Here you go: http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=123012

I'd have to add that it's probably the only highrise downtown I wouldn't shed too many tears over if it were demolished (as long as a taller and more distinguished tower rose in its place).

That's the one ! I always called it the Frankenstein Building - looks like disparate parts sewn together.

What businesses actually have offices there? I remember they replaced the metal grates of the parking deck after the tornado of 1998 and even that helped a lot.

What businesses actually have offices there? I remember they replaced the metal grates of the parking deck after the tornado of 1998 and even that helped a lot.

I know there's a law office there that advertises on tv. The name escapes me for the moment.

There are several law offices in the building. It's cheap rent for smaller firms. Plus, it's close to the courts.

I hope the new facade will make it look a little more coherant from top to bottom. It has to be one of the ugliest buildings around currently. It would not be so bad if the look darn parking deck was not so out of wack with that of the office portion.