Parkway Towers

doormanpoet

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parkway Towers the odd if not dated looking 262 foot 21 story tower built in 1968 on 5th and James Robertson Parkway is getting a new facade and paint job. Watch for the Nashville City Paper article soon, as William will contact the construstion Company to get details.

Long overdue. I'm happy to hear this news and I hope it is a dramatic improvement. By the way, Doorman, it's good to have you back posting on the forum. We missed you.

Recently, I've thought of P Towers (why do they call it Towers since there's only one, anyway?) as a distraction to the great street work Public Works has done of Jas. Robertson. The Birch, the renovated courthouse, the Plaza, the Stahlman are all within eyeshot as one drives or walks around this area. The tower has in my mind always marked the right border of the downtown cluster. It's rather folorn and ugly at the moment, so this is good news indeed.

Now if the Publishing Board across the street (at 4th and Charlotte) will tidy up that beautiful beaux arts building they occupy and get rid of the weenie little building in front of it, we'd be in good shape. With the transit station in the next level of vision, it too will look a bit unkempt. James Robertson Parkway could use a bit of polish nowadays too.

frankliner, I'm sure there's a picture in one of our collections. I'll look around and see. I'm sure you'll know it immediately when you see it. If it were an outfit, I'd describe it as brown pants and blue and white vertical striped shirt, asphalt shoes. Very wrong. lol.

Might I request a picture (pre-renovation) for those of us that are a little in the fuzzy sphere on which building we are talking about?

Here you go: http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=123012

I'd have to add that it's probably the only highrise downtown I wouldn't shed too many tears over if it were demolished (as long as a taller and more distinguished tower rose in its place).

Archived