Where are all the Alabama UP users?

AlabamaGuy2007

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have noticed this...this started out primarly as a South Carolina/North Carolina website, hence why most of the content is centered around that. I hope that the number of Alabama formers here will grow as well; it will give some new ideas to this forum.

There are quite a few forumers from the northern half of the state, but almost no one from the southern half.

I hope that by the end of this year there would be a Huntsville/North Alabama subforum (like what most other cities in the south have here) up and running.

There are quite a few forumers from the northern half of the state, but almost no one from the southern half.

I hope that by the end of this year there would be a Huntsville/North Alabama subforum (like what most other cities in the south have here) up and running.

I'd like there to be a subforum for Huntsville-Decatur, Montgomery, and Mobile Bay. Making one for each of those would probably encourage more users in Alabama if they see that there was a special sub forum made specifically for their region.

I noticed it months ago. It totally fell off between the first part of the year and now. I mean there was not much of any traffic. I usually make my way over to SSP or SSC ;) . But i'm glad to see this forum bringing in some new guys.

We really don't want to see the kind of posts here that you see on either of those places.

Yeah, I'm from Mobile and I check this site every once and a while. I don't think there are any other Mobile people on here really. there are lots on other forums. I remember when I could post something every day and get a comment. Now it seems to take 2 months to get a response.

Yeah, I'm from Mobile and I check this site every once and a while. I don't think there are any other Mobile people on here really. there are lots on other forums. I remember when I could post something every day and get a comment. Now it seems to take 2 months to get a response.

Just be glad that you don't have a person that has since been banned from SSP representing your hometown on here. ;)

^Agreed! I check out the Huntsville forum every once in a while just for laughs. It's just a bunch of immigrant bashing and talk about how bad the smoking ban is (boo hoo, it passed 2 years ago, get over it). And the censorship is horrible there too.

haha....the Mobile al.com forum is just a bunch of old people talking about how things were so much better in 1950s and how everything good that happens in Mobile is really bad. At least they seem to stay in their own little world and don't come to these forums and ruin it!!

• 7 months later...

I confess that I am one of the early forumers here who fell off the face of the earth for a while. Due to a substantial increase in my time commitment at work, I had to become essentially a lurker for months, and not much of one at that. My work time commitment is not what it was, so I plan to become an active forumer again. I also check out SSP and SSC, but much prefer the level of discourse here at UP. Hopefully we can attract more Alabamans to help us out.

Welcome back, ExpatBaman! Once my internship is over and I'm re-established in Birmingham, I'll be back to my posting frenzy also. With nobody really posting on a daily basis, I have held back the creation of a coffeehouse for any of the Alabama subforums. I hope we can gain more regularly posting members.

Archived