Porsche to ship Carrera GTs through Georgia

Guest donaltopablo

Guest donaltopablo

Maybe one of these will fall of the boat and I can fish it out of the water.... hey I can dream can't I?

Porsche to ship Carrera GTs through Georgia

Gov. Sonny Perdue has announced Porsche AG will ship 600 of its exotic Carrera GTs through the ports of Brunswick and Savannah over the next three years.

Germany-based Porsche AG maintains its North American headquarters, Porsche Cars North America, in Atlanta. The division imports and distributes Porsche sports cars (Boxster and 911) and the company's sport SUV (Cayenne) in the United States

Perdue made the announcement at the Georgia World Congress Center, which is currently hosting the AJC International Auto Show.

The news follows the recent announcement other auto imports would increase business Georgia. In January 2004, GLOVIS America Inc., the logistics management company for Hyundai Motor America and Kia Motors Inc., announced it will consolidate its auto processing operations at the port of Brunswick, creating 378 port-related jobs. Brunswick is the fourth-largest auto port in the eastern United States. Brunswick's clients include Audi AG, Land Rover and Volkswagen. The port had a 25.2 percent increase in the shipments of cars and machinery in fiscal 2003.

At the time, Georgia Ports Authority Executive Director Doug Marchand said the state did not offer an incentive package for the company to relocated to Brunswick. Perdue has expressed his uneasiness with offering lucrative incentives after German automaker DaimlerChrysler abandoned plans to build a plant in Pooler, Ga. The state had offered DaimlerChrysler an incentive package worth up to $322 million. The DaimlerChrysler factory would have brought more than 4,000 jobs to the Savannah region.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived