The Arkansas Research and Technology Park

Mith242

I know we've discussed some news and developments going on around the tech park. Thought maybe it might be nice to have them grouped together in a single topic. I haven't had a lot of luck going through searching for some of the old posts. I thought I'd start it off with some pics I took. Decided to actually go down and see it. I admit I thought there was going to be a little more there. But hopefully since there seems to be some recent activity this will change soon. Anyway here's some pics, mainly of the Genesis Incubator. Am I right in thinking it's the only 'green' building in Fayetteville? Although I think someone mentioned the new development that's just started will also be green as well. Just seems like Fayetteville being a rather liberal city might have a little more selection of 'green' buildings.

img3650ssph2.jpg

img3643ssee9.jpg

img3672ssny7.jpg

img3655ssjz9.jpg

img3675ssdn5.jpg

img3657ssmk8.jpg

img3666sszq0.jpg

img3670ssmm6.jpg

If anyone remembers some previous posts dealing with this area feel free to repost some of the info here. :D

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone remembers some previous posts dealing with this area feel free to repost some of the info here. :D

Here's the official website for the Arkansas Research & Technology Park (ARTP). There's tons of information about companies based there and grants awarded to them.

About ARTP:

The University of Arkansas Technology Development Foundation, is a 501(3) organization formed to grow and manage the Arkansas Research and Technology Park. In cooperation with public and private business development entities, the Foundation will bolster University efforts to catalyze a technology-based economy in Arkansas. Specifically, the Foundation will validate, develop and transfer inventions made at the University to Arkansas companies and start-up ventures.

ARTP Master Plan:

Leading edge research facilities and a growing entrepreneurial culture make land adjacent to the University's Engineering Research Center and GENESIS Technology Incubator the logical choice for development of the ARTP. Located only five minutes from the University's main campus, our corporate partners benefit from the considerable intellectual and physical assets of a major research institution. The site's proximity to Fayetteville's Central Business District also affords convenient access to financial, legal and related commercial support services.

Key features included in the proposed master plan include:

*Carefully organized building clusters, offering a wide array of floor sizes, which can respond to specific project requirements

*A strong community aspect, both within the research park and its relationship to surrounding property development and the resulting centers of activity

*Clustered, well-landscaped parking within the property, enhancing the visual character of the project

*Establishment of a well-designed, landscaped internal road system including a hierarchy of streets, that will provide access to the site from several points, as well as between buildings

*Use of an abandoned railway line for an internal vehicular route, connecting the ARTP with the supporting public and private development

*Preservation and enhancement of existing natural features, including streams and wooded areas

*Inclusion of mixed-use amenities, such as dining facilities, lounge spaces, outdoor spaces and trails, parks and plazas.

About ARTP Companies:

Acxiom Corporation - Software research and development in support of strategic corporate information solutions.

Arisetek - Research, design, and manufacture of electronic precision sensors and transducers providing enhanced functionality aimed at improved system integration, increased reliability, and reduced ongoing maintenance costs for customers.

Arkansas Power Electronics Incorporated (APEI) - Research and custom product design is the areas of electric power systems, power electronics, and electric machines where the customer

Thanks, I suppose I could have at least provided the link. :lol: I don't remember who posted it but they mentioned someone is building a new building over there. I should have taken a pic of the groundwork but I didn't think about it at the time. You can see a little of the groundwork in the background of the third pic.

Apparently the Arkansas Aviations Technology Center will be moving to the ARTP soon. It has been located at Drake Field. I haven't heard that they'll be building a new building or anything so they might just be moving into one of the existing or being built buildings.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

The Northwest Arkansas Times did an article on a company opening up new offices here soon. Arkansas Power Electronics International is working on motors and power supplies and converters that can stand harsher conditions. In particular for space use. I just like hearing more about some of our newer high tech businesses in the area. Here's their website.

http://www.apei.net/index.html

The Northwest Arkansas Times did an article on a company opening up new offices here soon. Arkansas Power Electronics International is working on motors and power supplies and converters that can stand harsher conditions. In particular for space use. I just like hearing more about some of our newer high tech businesses in the area. Here's their website.

http://www.apei.net/index.html

It's really cool that Fayetteville is getting more technology oriented businesses, it's just too bad they're only research companies and the development and manufacturing will go somewhere else. It's still nice to have, but they will have very little economic impact on Fayetteville or Arkansas in general.

Technology businesses are good. Just look at Ft Smith to assess the potential for domestic manufacturing opportunities. Tech and service jobs have more potential in this region.

The FEDC, the Chamber, and the City of Fayetteville are all focused on bringing more high tech/higher paying jobs to NWA. And they have been targeting this for at least the past few years (or much longer.) Many of the potential opportunities have confidentiality clauses that mean they can't be discussed until they are a done deal... so we

• 6 months later...

I believe they may still be working on one of the new buildings over there. I don't go by there very often. I was a little disappointed because the new building wasn't as 'innovative' looking as I had hoped. But still even if it's not very impressive looking, as long as there's more space for future research.

I believe they may still be working on one of the new buildings over there. I don't go by there very often. I was a little disappointed because the new building wasn't as 'innovative' looking as I had hoped. But still even if it's not very impressive looking, as long as there's more space for future research.

I imgine it will have more of an industrial/ warehouse look than look like a office or school campus, although it does look to have a lot of green space. I didn't realize it had that much frontage right on 71B. When Cato Springs is widened the park will be very accessible and visible so hopefully it will look nice. Of course you all are right- as long as it fills up with business and people it's all good.

I imgine it will have more of an industrial/ warehouse look than look like a office or school campus, although it does look to have a lot of green space. I didn't realize it had that much frontage right on 71B. When Cato Springs is widened the park will be very accessible and visible so hopefully it will look nice. Of course you all are right- as long as it fills up with business and people it's all good.

• 3 months later...

Space Photonics will receive a little under $4 Mil in funding from Small Business Innovation Research. Space Photonics apparently works with optical networking systems. This grant will go towards laser communications between satellites. They apparently did the work on some radiation tolerant fiber optic components that will be taken to the International Space Station in a 2010 space flight.

• 3 weeks later...

A new 60,000 sq foot building will be added to the Tech Park soon. The Innovation center is completely full now. The new building will be two stories. With all of the problems with vacant office space in NWA, it sounds like this area is on of the most rapidly growing areas commercially.

A new 60,000 sq foot building will be added to the Tech Park soon. The Innovation center is completely full now. The new building will be two stories. With all of the problems with vacant office space in NWA, it sounds like this area is on of the most rapidly growing areas commercially.

• 1 year later...

The NWA Business Journal reports that a new 65,000 sq. ft. building named the Enterprise Center is beginning construction here. It will be a multi-tenant space and the interior can be customized to what the tenants needs are. The core and shell or the building are expected to be completed by January 2010 and costs will depend on how the interior is improved based on tenant needs.

The NWA Business Journal reports that a new 65,000 sq. ft. building named the Enterprise Center is beginning construction here. It will be a multi-tenant space and the interior can be customized to what the tenants needs are. The core and shell or the building are expected to be completed by January 2010 and costs will depend on how the interior is improved based on tenant needs.

• 3 weeks later...

• 6 months later...

Archived