It's HOT!

Snowguy716

I'm writing this as temperatures are at 96*F with a dewpoint of 77*F, making it feel like 110*F. This is pretty brutal for northern Minnesota! Temperatures are at 99*F at Minneapolis, 100*F in Fargo, and 110*F in Pierre, SD. In contrast, temperatures in Grand Marais, MN on Lake Superior are at 59*F with low clouds and dense fog and a light breeze from the east. Natural A/C... I'm so jealous right now.

The heatwave will continue tomorrow in Minnesota before a front moves through pushing the heat south and eastward... but the main story this summer has not been the heat in these parts, but the drought. Disaster areas have been declared as farmers have lost most of their crops.

Have you been affected by heatwaves and/or drought this summer?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate summer anyway... so like always, I spend as much time as I can inside in the AC with the fan on me. It really has gotten hot this year... we haven't offically cracked 100 this year but aiming for it again this week.

I loved Summer when I was a teenager. I got out of school for a few months and I spent every minute I could at the pool checking out the babes and having a good time.

Nowadays, though, I live for Spring. Winter isn't even as bad as it used to be, as I've grown more and more appreciative of the TINY amount of snow we get every now and then.

A couple weeks ago it was between 103 and 105 for most of the week here. And that wasn't the heat index, that was straight temperature. This week it's been in the mid-90s, and earlier in the week it was even down in the mid-80s for a day or two. But it's hot again and I can't wait for Fall just so it'll cool down a bit!!!

Its a heat index of about 100 here in Charlotte. Looks like a scorcher all week until Saturday.I moan about it too but heck, its August. We are supposed to have sweltering muggy weather now. The great thing about weather is that it always changes. Eventually.

New Orleans is HOT, literally. You can see heat waves rising from the pavement. People gonna have high AC bills this summer :lol: It's been in the low to mid 90s all summer.

Oh man is it hot right now. The heat index in the city earlier today was around 104, and it's even worse when you're in the CBD amongst all of the pavement and skyscrapers. <_<

While temps here in the south aren't that surprising what has been are the temps up around the Dakotas. Just really odd to see 110's around South Dakota.

The Dakotas are the lands of the extremes. It often gets pretty hot there, but 110 is very hot for SD.

I didn't even go outside at all today. It's too hot with a heat index of over 100, my contacts start to dry up at such temperature.

yeah it was definitly hot today, around 95 degrees, and here at 3 in the morning its still over 70 degrees outside.

its supposed to be almost 100 tomorrow, maybe ill head out to Lake Huron and go to the beach, some ice cold lake water should be pretty refreshing. :D

It's always hot here in the summer! Been mid-90's or better for the last month or so. Nothing too far out of the ordinary. So, I'm (almost) used to it.

Makes me wish for that Cali weather again...85* in summer with no humidity, 60* in summer. Mmm mmm good.

No doubt. This deep south heat is nothing unusual for us.

But I am jealous of the "no humidity" back in Cali... man it's so thick around here!!!

yeah, its always very humid up here in the summer, even when its like 85 degrees you get sweaty and it can be miserable at times, especially when its almost 100. oh well, its supposed to storm tomorrow, so maybe itl cool off a little.

Archived