New Past (Lexington)

georgeglass

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah no wonder! I was curious what work was going on in that block. The new townhouses/rowhouses on the 500 block - is that part of the "500's on the Main" project?

Now, if they can only do something about the four-lane road in front of it, it would be perfect. I would like to see a four-lane boulevard with parallel parking and eliminate the 3 ft. utility grass strip, concluding with the burying of the electrical wires that clog that route.

I'm also quite happy it's being built as a "green" project. After reading this months Sierra Magazine (Sierra Club) and their green cities, it made me wonder if any of the new projects have provisions for solar panels, recycled water, etc. in their designs.

Ah no wonder! I was curious what work was going on in that block. The new townhouses/rowhouses on the 500 block - is that part of the "500's on the Main" project?

Now, if they can only do something about the four-lane road in front of it, it would be perfect. I would like to see a four-lane boulevard with parallel parking and eliminate the 3 ft. utility grass strip, concluding with the burying of the electrical wires that clog that route.

I'm also quite happy it's being built as a "green" project. After reading this months Sierra Magazine (Sierra Club) and their green cities, it made me wonder if any of the new projects have provisions for solar panels, recycled water, etc. in their designs.

Seicer,

I think the townhouses you are talking about are the Fairmont on Main. I can't remember if they have a website, but turftown is marketing them and you can look at a few on lbar.com.

PS...I am glad someone else wants to bury utility lines. They are an eyesore...especially on parts of Mill, Upper, Short, Limestone streets.

Since we are on the topic of things that get on my nerves because they are ugly...does anyone else find the chicken wire type fencing along certain roads like Man-O-War very unattractive and completely unneccessary? Is is part of some city code that they are required for new development?

Since we are on the topic of things that get on my nerves because they are ugly...does anyone else find the chicken wire type fencing along certain roads like Man-O-War very unattractive and completely unneccessary? Is is part of some city code that they are required for new development?

It is a standard right-of-way fence used by the state transportation cabinet. "Controlled access" roads (not "limited-access") in most cases require the ROW fencing. Man-O-War Blvd. was constructed by the state but had some city funding with the provision that once the road was complete, it be handed over to the city. That is why you see ROW fencing along the entire stretch (where it still exists, that is).

Over by the airport they have attractive fencing on MOW don't they???

Yes, and a lot of parts along the road do. On the other hand, there a lot that don't. One stretch is along the Tates Creek to Richmond area. It is in other areas too. I hate it. If I remember, I'll try to take a picture.

Archived