Mel Gibson arrested again for DUI

Charlotteman

Mel Gibson has been accused in the past of being an anti-semite.

During his recent arrest for DUI in California, his breathilizer reading was .13. i.e. smashed. He became belligerant toward the arresting officers, and in a drunken tirade blurted out "f--king Jews are the cause of the wars in the Middle East". Then he asked one of the officers "Are you a Jew?"

Gibson's father was an unapologetic anti-semite.

When people are drunk, sometimes their true colors come out~~~

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mel Gibson has been accused in the past of being an anti-semite.

During his recent arrest for DUI in California, his breathilizer reading was .13. i.e. smashed. He became belligerant toward the arresting officers, and in a drunken tirade blurted out "f--king Jews are the cause of the wars in the Middle East". Then he asked one of the officers "Are you a Jew?"

Gibson's father was an unapologetic anti-semite.

When people are drunk, sometimes their true colors come out~~~

I thought he was supposed to be high on Jesus...;)

blowing a .13?? I'm surprised he didn't think he WAS Jesus...

blowing a .13?? I'm surprised he didn't think he WAS Jesus...

Uhh, .13 is hardly "smashed". Shouldn't be driving, but hardly falling down drunk. The title of the topic says "Mel Gibson arrested AGAIN for DUI", was he arrested before for DUI?

He did have some strange paranoid "delusions" before the release of his Passion movie.

The saying is "A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts" (whether true or not).

Yeah a .13 is not even that drunk. I have a breathalyzer and you'd be amazed how quick you can get to a .13. If this pans out to even be true, I hope he doesn't use his "drunkeness" as an excuse for his behavior, I can't standdd that.

I was struck by the insincerity of the "noooo....of course my film isn't anti-Semitic" stuff circa Passion Of The Triumph Of Will Christ (in the original Germa...whooops...Aramaic; my bad), so I'm not very shocked by this incident, and the drunkenness is simply kind of quaint - it's Hollywood; after decades of weird drug scandals ("Ex-child star rushed to hospital after ODing on moose tranquilizers & St John's Wort!"), a simple DUI basically means you're just an old-fashioned guy, of course in this case in all the worst ways.

And..."I own Malibu?!?!?!" Who does he think he is? Julia "You'll Never Eat Lunch In This Town Again" Phillips? Ha :lol:

I actually hope Mel really does have a problem, instead of using alcoholism as an excuse for his anti-semitism. I would consider taking his illness into account if he did not already have several strikes against him. POC's characterization of Jews was canard like and right of "The Elders of Zion" propoganda.All the while he denied having anything against Jews. Hutton Gibson, his father is a well known bigot and Holocaust denier, in press interviews he said he did not share his father's particular views but refused to condemn him. And now this. Hard to give a free pass this time around.

It's been my experience when dealing with drunks, they speak the truth! So if he said it, then I think he believes it, unfortunately.

Too bad I liked his movies, now I'll have to boycott them.

Yeah liquor may as well be truth-juice. That's why I hate it when people make excuses for themselves after they say stupid stuff when they're drunk-if you said it drunk then you meant it! I, on the other hand, am a fun pleasant drunk as long as nobody crosses me... :whistling:

Mel views Jews as "Jesus Killers". He's a kook. Period.

I think he ought to be sent to Jedwabne to find out what thinking like that leads to. I just saw this program (its a shame that LinkTV is not more available) and the Poles that tried to save these people were later beaten by anti-semites who said the Jews deserved to be burned alive because they were Jesus Killers. I am sure that Mr. Gibson does not even know where this place is or what happened there.

It's even worse the Sherrif's dept are trying to cover this up for him.

There is so much hate in the world from people who have so much. Maybe a little humility is in order.

Well, I just read that ABC has nixed the deal for Mel to produce a series on The Holocaust. Which is what they should do. Can't quite see Mel helming that project after his true colors outburst. Aside from this cancellation I think Hollywood is too mercenary to ostracize Mel permanently. He will do his rehab and go on a talk show and "apologize" again. America will say "aww" he did not really mean it. And a year or so from now all will be forgotten and he will be in demand again because money is the true religion in Hollywood. Wrong I think, but the likely outcome.

Hopefully this incident will crush his career. Most of us knew he was a bigot years ago. I was convinced in 1995.

Now that everyone knows how he feels, and his meanness becomes his public persona, I sincerely hope people stop buying his films. There is freedom of speech as said earlier, but we can stop supporting this man financially.

When people start to see how bigotry shattered a career, perhaps it will prove once and for all that anti-Semitism is 100000000000000000% UNACCEPTABLE in our country.

Normally I couldn't care less about celebrities, but when bigotry raises it's ugly head, I can't help but become extremely offended.

Today I actually took the time to read more about Mel's latest arrest. Turns out he was more belligerent during the arrest than we previously thought, and had to be restrained. He initially refused to be taken in for booking.

When he got to the station, his belligerence and tirade continued and when a female officer looked at him in amazement, he asked her "What are you looking at sugar-tits?"

Turns out earlier suspicions of the police coverup have lots of validity. It also turns out Mel had been stopped for drunk driving two previous times and was released (??????) Would us mere mortals be released for driving drunk? especially the high numbers he blows.

When he got to the station, his belligerence and tirade continued and when a female officer looked at him in amazement, he asked her "What are you looking at sugar-tits?"

:rofl:

That's actually a bit funny. I guess he's letting everyone know he's a tad sexist too. He can't let the Jews have all the fun.

Archived