Byron Township New Master Plan DRAFT

francishsu

Byron Township released a draft of their new Master Plan recently.

Master Plan Draft (direct link)

Most of the focus is on Byron Center, but the biggest development is a proposed second "village center" near the Wilson/M-6 area. The proposal is for walkable, form-based development in this key area which will be billed as a gateway into Byron Township.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wilson/M-6 has alot of interest from developers, and they need some plan to address that. I don't think the interest would be there to do something special further away.

I do think it's interesting (or odd) that they didn't have the Village Center zoning (actually, it appears as "Commercial PUD" on the map) just to the south of M-6. However, my guess is that the "Main Street" of this center is going to be on the south side. They may have something different in mind north of M-6. On the south side, there should be no problem making that walkable.

Archived